Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original file 'Display' error for Linux Server

former_member210673
Participant
0 Kudos

hi All,

I am facing an issue while 'Display'ing Original file using CV02N/CV03N. The Server path maintained in DC20, OAC0 is of Linux server.

I cross checked with the IT/Basis team and they say the 'DMS' Directory created on Linux server has no access restriction, and the Port for IP of Linux server is 'Open' as well. Unable to figure why I see the '

Message no. 26172' error - File \\<IP Address or Host name>\<Directory>\Filename.pdf cannot be created

Is the behavior different on Linux systems when compared to Windows. I made the following setting in OAC0 trx:

Document Area: Document Management System

Storage Type: SAP System Database

Version No. 0045

Refered the link: http://scn.sap.com/thread/1322642 but is not of much use. Any help is appreciated - if you can throw some light on possible reasons for this issue.

P.S. - Do we provide the 'Data Carrier Path' for FrontEnd - PC in the same format as we do for Windows Server: \\<IP Address or Host name>\<Directory>\

Or should the format for path be changed?. Please advise if anyone else has worked on storing documents using Linux Server.

-thnx

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member210673
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for your suggestions. We have used C:\Temp as 'Path for FrontEnd PC' in DC20. The process is working fine this way.

I don't think a copy of Original file is really required to be created in DMS Server. So, configured the above path.

-Regards

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When using a Linux OS, in transaction DC20 a separate frontend type and a path for processing originals in according with Linux OS specifications must be defined.                                                                              

In addition, the users must then select this front end types before they display an original. They can do this in the "Extras" menu with the menu command "Change frontend type".

Regards,

Deepak Kori

former_member210673
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Deepak,

Thanks for your response.

I have checked the below note earlier, which mentions the same - but, I think the above is in relation to - If the User is using a System that runs on Linux OS.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1474400

I've been trying with the paths in below formats, but none has worked:

\\<IP Address or Host name>\<Directory>\

//<IP Address or Host name>/<Directory>/

<IP Address>:/<DMS Directory>

/<DMS Directory>/

Please provide the 'Path' format if you know of any - where SAP is installed on a server with Linux as OS and the User frontend PC OS is Windows.

-Thanks

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Is the behavior different on Linux systems when compared to Windows. I made the following setting in OAC0 trx:

Document Area: Document Management System

Storage Type: SAP System Database

Version No. 0045

In this case your document is getting stored in SAP database.

I cross checked with the IT/Basis team and they say the 'DMS' Directory created on Linux server has no access restriction, and the Port for IP of Linux server is 'Open' as well. Unable to figure why I see the '

So what has been configured under the DMS directory ???

Could you share screenshot from OAC0.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

former_member210673
Participant
0 Kudos

Deepak,

Thanks for the info!.

I am aware that the Documents get stored to SAP DB in Hexadecimal format. But, we are trying to have the Filesystem format for Linux by doing below:

1. Activate SAMBA services

2. Enable/Install SMB conf file

I just wanted to know the path format that shall be mentioned in DC20. We are working on this. If nothing works, we mite go with the User's Or GUI Temp Directory as the front end path.

-Thanks

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

So I understand that, you want to have file system storage for DMS ?

Correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

former_member210673
Participant
0 Kudos

Deepak,

Not really. I was initially told that the volume of documents for storage will be less. So, I opted for 'Storage Type' as System Database. But now, I came to know there will be other departments that will be using SAP for document storage where we expect a total storage of 25-30GB per year. So, considering system response times, I am planning to go with 'Content server installation' on Linux. I see few posts on here already related to the same.

I do have the pdf for Content server installation guide for UNIX downloaded from service marketplace. Will have to see huv this option works. But, still my concern is what is the path format - the other users here are giving as Trnsfr Drctry path in OAC0 or in DC20 for Data Carrier path.

-Thanks & Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

The network path is fine since you are using Samba.

I suspect you do not have authorization to write to the Samba share. You could try it yourself, open that network path and try to create a file there. Authentication to Samba can be a bit tricky, it is not enough to configure the OS permissions.

You could follow the advice given in the wiki document below to debug the problem, make sure the error you are seeing is because of authorizations.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/26+172+-+Reason+for+this+error