cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merge two files from sender file adpater without BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Do we have any option in PI/PO to merge two files from a file sender adapter without using BPM or without adapter module in file sender adapter please?

The requirement is of having to transfer 2 files at the same time, or none at all without using BPM.

Cheers,

Paul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184789
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Having a multimapping works for cases where we are having a single sender & multiple receivers i.e 1:n mapping. AFAIK, n:1 is not achievable through multimapping because then how would you correlate one file with the other. Do you want to merge the mappings or is it such that you just want the files to process simultaneosuly.If this is the case, then you can add the second file as an attachment or additional files..Go through the below link if this is what u r looking for:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/404ee507-3fbc-2e10-00bc-be90ab28d036&override...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adarsh,

Thanks for the reply, As per Michal Krawczyk’s suggestion, attach the second file to the first and you can get the values of the attachment in mapping. Excellent, this definitely helps me.

But how do you let the sender adapter know that it has to process only if two files exist in the sender ftp?? Attached pdf is good when you definitely know 5 files exist in source directory to collect but not to check for particular two files.

Any clues please assit?

Regards

ps - want to achieve without suing BPM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Split your requirement in to two parts,

Interface 1:File to File

1)Take file from sender and send it to FTP and use Append mode in receiver side to append to files.

Interface 2:

2)Using interface to pull appended file and built mapping logic.

Regards,

Raj

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Few cents to 's post:

This thread with a similar issue: http://scn.sap.com/thread/1634635

Praveen Gujjeti's blog where you can understand what kind of scenarios are possible with N:1 mappins: http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2012/03/22/n1-nm-mappings-not-possible-witho...

Regards.

former_member184789
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the thread also, Michal has given the same answer as I have..But thanks anyways for the confirmation..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Paul,

You should use multimapping for this you need to go to signature tab in mapping & add both source messages type on source messages & one taget message types on taget message.

Click on mapping tab there you can apply n:1 type mapping.

Same way you should for operation mapping. Two source interfaces in source & one target interface in the target. Select multimapping createdin above step.

Regards,
Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Thanks, but my requirement is not at the stage of mapping, I know multi mapping can be used (multiple source messages or target messages) in message mappings and operation mappings. However, my requirement is

How can you let the sender adapter know “Only to process if two files (file A and file B) exist in the sender and do not even bother picking if only one file present in the sending system”.

Regards,

Paul