cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to turn a condition active only on sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

My customer has a requirement whereby a specific condition type should become inactive on sales order but during billing it should become active.

I created a Condition Value formula where I set KOMT1-KINAK = X in case KOMK-VBTYP = C.

This functions ok until the moment the order is saved.  The issue is that somewhere later on the process this field is cleared.

Did any of you had to set a condition as inactive within using the exclusion functionality ?

Thanks for helping.

Fátima

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

As suggested above, I feel the idea of copying the Standard Requirement 24 & add a code to include all types of Invoice will work in your case.

This will ensure that the said Condition is not visible in Sales Order & will only be visible & active in Invoices.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear jiginesh and ali,, T.W

In which business process they want to deactivate one condition type and in billing that condition type activate mode plz let me know the business prspect

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Geetha,

In Rebate agreement related condition types (e.g. BO01, BO02 etc.).

Rebate is a kind of discount given to a customer only when a sale is done (this is said in order to convey the rebate concept - in a simple manner); in other words this condition value is "relevant" / applicable at billing document level and not at sales order level.

Therefore these condition types and their values are not populated in the sales orders but these condition types and their values are populated in billing document level only.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As mentioned by Mr. TW Rebate is one example of such requirement. There can be other requirements too depends on business scenario. For example in some companies when there is no Transportation module implemented, users enter freight charges on billing document.

There can be some other discounts which management announces only on Sales invoice, not on sale order so you can control this through this requirement routine.

Thank$

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moazzam,

There can be some other discounts which management announces only on Sales invoice, not on sale order 

Lets discuss from a business perspective, at the sales order level (or much earlier, say at quotation level) the prices are negotiated and fixed. Why would a company negotiate for a higher price (which the customer has agreed upon) at a sales order and then at billing document level give the material / product at a discounted level?

Thank you, in advance!

former_member211108
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Fatima,

I think you need to investigate on the below few points:

• Type of condition
  • Pricing Type in Copy control

Please note that the price determination works differently in Sales order (if not copied from any reference document) and in billing document. As per copying rule most of the conditions will be copied as it is.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks and Regards,

Atulkumar Dagade

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Atul,

What do you mean by

Type of condition

and how does this impact - where the condition value is triggered at the sales order level or at the billing level?

Thank you, in advance!

former_member211108
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello TW,

Depending upon condition type the values will be redetrmined in billing document by copy control rule. If the condition in question is going to  be copied and  not recalculated/redetermined then obviously the in billing document it will be copy of Sales order.

Does this answer your question.

Regards,

Atul

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Exactly ,You are right .

Note : 1. Depends upon " Copying Control ",The will price will be treated ,How you want also . If Copying Control doesnt have Pricing Type B the whats happening ......?

2. First of all let me,test it scenario in my System .

Thanks,

Naren

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Fatima,

I created a Condition Value formula where I set KOMT1-KINAK = X in case KOMK-VBTYP = C.

This functions ok until the moment the order is saved.  The issue is that somewhere later on the process this field is cleared.

If a formula is triggered if the Document category (VBTYP) = C / sales order, then in the billing document the VBTYP does not meet the criteria (of C). Could it be the reason for the value of this condition type not triggering at billing document level?

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Fatima

Have you tried with standard routine (24 Only in billing doc.) by assigning this to condition type in requirement field? Please check with standard and update your findings here.

Thank$

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Fathima,

Further to Ali's suggestion, you may think of having access sequence in such a way that it will pick up in billing.

For e.g: if you maintain combination as: Material/Batch or Billing type/material.In this case system will populate value in billing level only.

@Ali: If i am not wrong routine 24 will not consider proforma invoices.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

I dont think it is possible by you said .Somehow ,Did you do this to get Condition Type into Billing only  like above scenario ?

Thanks,

Naren

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Naren,

Agree with you. Somehow it was out of my mind while typing the above logic.

What we did was bit different: in Sales order the combination was : Sales Org/Material

But for Billing it will pick up based on Sales org/Material/Batch records.

Good that you corrected me.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Its OK.

Note :1. Please have a  look into what  " Ali " said .

2. Whatever you explained ,I am not getting you .

Thanks,

Naren

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naren,

I have already checked and also replied to Ali about routine 24.

Now, about my scenario.

1. In my condition type access sequence we have below accesses.

901) Sales org/Material/Batch

902) Sales org/Material

For my client the price should be batch based, however,batch is determined at delivery. So, the price records will be maintained both the combinations. But, in order it will pick up material based price. In case of billing it will pick up based on the batch.

Hope you understand now.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sai,

Billing type/material.In this case system will populate value in billing level only.

Why do you accept that your above idea is not possible?

With the correct pricing type (e.g. B), the value of the condition type would not trigger at the sales order level but would trigger at the billing document level!

Side comment: From a business perspective, the company should be very clear with its customers when having a different net value at the sales order level and a different net value at the billing document level.

@Ali: If i am not wrong routine 24 will not consider proforma invoices.

You are correct that routine 24 is not applicable for proforma invoice but why do you make this comment?

The OP is not talking about proforma invoices!

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

Thanks for your inputs on Billing level condition type.

@Routine 24: I made this comment to ensure that OP will keep this her view so that she will not be surprised if the condition doesn't appear in Proforma Invoice.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sai,

Thank you for the above example!

These business requirement related examples are good learning and exposure!

One question - Why would a particular batch of the same material be priced different than another batch?

If different material are manufactured, then different pricing is understandable.

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

This is to derive maximum retail price condition value. The MRP value will vary depends on batch to batch. The batch level price will be declared by costing department. In order to get the wholesaler or retailer prices we need to get the exact batch level price. If we really look into the price variation its negligible. But, it matters a lot when we sell in bulk.

Hope I answered your question.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sai,

Thank you for your post!

As the value of this condition type is coming from a condition record, then how many records does the costing department maintain the condition record (in VK11)?

I am assuming that there would be many many batches, for a material.

Suppose, the costing department has yet to maintain the respective condition records (for a newly manufactured batch, of a material), then what happens?

Is there a "process" where the condition records are first maintained (by the costing department) only thereafter the sales order is created?

Side comment: I have worked with a manufacturing company, they did not base the prices on batch.

Moreover, batch to to "categories" groups of pieces of material; when there would be any customer complaint w.r.t quality issues.

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

Most of the Pharma manufacturing companies follow Batch level pricing. Yes, Costing department maintains the prices at batch level in Excel (they have some predefined formula's). The file will be shared with Sales department to upload the prices. (There is no manual work from sales department). Its just uploading the file.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sai

You are right. Logically 24 should not work in proforma invoice but I have not tested this. We can create our own routine by copying the logic of 24.

I liked your idea to create access sequence by taking billing type or SD Document Category VBTYP fields. If you use VBTYP field then you don't have to create condition records for every billing document type. You just need to create one condition record for SD Document Category.

Thank$

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ali and TW,

Thanks for your inputs and many thanks for enlightening me.

@Naren : Now you have to agree that above solution is workable

Regards, Sai Krishna.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are welcome dear.

Naren

Can you please test and update here what is your findings.

Thank$

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moazzam, Sai,

More important than "Does routine 24 work for Proforma invoices?"

Is "Why does routine 24 not work for Proforma invoices?"

Requirement 24 is used "by the system" to calculate the accrual value, as and when a sale is done.

A sale is not done when a proforma invoice is created!

That is the reason why requirement 24 excludes Proforma billing documents.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing the logical reason sir. You are right in this regard.

Thank$