cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in Shipment cost estimation is Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a Sales Order, which is integrated with shipment processing. When i want to estimate my shipment cost, I am getting an error

Could you please help me to sort this out?

Also I would like to know that when we use this functionality in Sales Order it just stimulate or create the documents in real?

Thanks

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi

Have you checked again by following my screens and tested? Please check and revert back.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moazzam,

thanks for your input... i havent tried it yet but will update you regarding it soon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moazzam,

i am still getting the error:

Message Text

Status cannot be set because status "planned" has not been set

Technical Data

Message type__________E (Error)
Message class_________VW (Shipment Processing Output)
Message number________562
Message variable 1____
Message variable 2____
Message variable 3____
Message variable 4____

Message Attributes

Apprentally once system set is as planned in Log but again this message..

Level of detail_______6 (Level of detail 6)
Problem class_________
Sort criterion________
moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

Please check shipment document type screen. Also check all your settings and if still error is there then please share your process step by step what you are doing?

anism_
Explorer
0 Kudos

I think you need to confige "Define and Assign Activity Profiles". (Enterprise Structure  ® Logistics Execution ® Transportation à Shipments à Define and Assign Activity Profiles).

The activity profile outlines possible activities to be executed in the shipment document when the shipment has reached a certain status. You can define a separate activity profile for each status.

Possible activities include:

• posting goods issue for deliveries currently in shipment
  • billing deliveries currently in shipment
  • printing certain outputs

Then, you define a selection variant, which may in turn be assigned to a shipment type. In this way, the shipment activities that are to be carried out are defined for the shipment type as soon as the corresponding status is set.

You can define that the system displays a dialog box as soon as the status is set. In this dialog box you can enter additional data. When registering a car for example, the system could display a dialog box in which you enter the license plate number and the name of the driver.

Make a configuration for your shipment types. My expample below (Y00X are my shipment types).

1. 1. In row Y001 and column For planning enter PLANNING.
  2. 2. Choose Maintain.
  3. 3. Check the flag for Dialog box for fast entry during setting of status.
  4. 4.     Choose Fld Selectn.
  5. 5. Mark VTTK-ROUTE and VTTK-TDLNR as Rqd.fld.
  6. 6. Choose Copy.
  7. 7. If necessary enter Output types in the block Print output after save.
  8. 8. Choose Save.
  9. 9. Choose Back (F3).
  10. 10.  Enter PLANNING in this column for all Y* Shipment types.

1. 11.  In row Y001 and column At check-in enter CHECK-IN.
  2. 12.  Choose Maintain.
  3. 13.  If necessary enter Output types in the block Print output after save.
  4. 14.  Choose Save.
  5. 15.  Choose Back (F3).
  6. 16.  Enter CHECK-IN in this column for all Y* Shipment types.

1. 17.  In row Y001 and column At load start enter LOADSTART.
  2. 18.  Choose Maintain.
  3. 19.  Check the flag for Generate delivery item for HUs.
  4. 20.  If necessary enter Output types in the block Print output after save.
  5. 21.  Choose Save.
  6. 22.  Choose Back (F3).
  7. 23.  Enter LOADSTART in this column for all Y* Shipment types.

1. 24.  In row Y001 and column At load finish enter LOADFINISH.
  2. 25.  Choose Maintain.
  3. 26.  If necessary enter Output types in the block Print output after save.
  4. 27.  Choose Save.
  5. 28.  Choose Back (F3.)
  6. 29.  Enter LOADFINISH in this column for all Y* Shipment types.

1. 30.  In row Y001 and column At completion enter COMPLETION.
  2. 31.  Choose Maintain.
  3. 32.  If necessary enter Output types in the block Print output after save.
  4. 33.  Choose Save.
  5. 34.  Choose Back (F3).
  6. 35.  Enter COMPLETION in this column for all Y* Shipment types.

1. 36.  In row Y001 and column At shpmt begin enter BEGINSHIP.
  2. 37.  Choose Maintain.
  3. 38.  Check the radiobutton carry out goods issue posting in background.
  4. 39.  Enter GOODS ISSUE in the field background proc. Variant.
  5. 40.  Choose Maintain
  6. 41.  Enter GOODS ISSUE in the field Variant.
  7. 42.  Choose Create.
  8. 43.  Choose Back (F3).
  9. 44.  Save Values “Yes”.
  10. 45.  Choose Back (F3)
  11. 46.  If necessary enter Output types in the block Print output after save.
  12. 47.  Choose Save.
  13. 48.  Choose Back (F3).
  14. 49.  Enter BEGINSHIP in this column for all Y* Shipment types.

1. 50.  In row Y001 and column At shpmt. end enter SHIPMENTEND.
  2. 51.  Choose Maintain.
  3. 52.  If necessary enter Output types in the block Print output after save.
  4. 53.  Choose Save.
  5. 54.  Choose Back (F3).
  6. 55.  Enter COMPLETION in this column for all Y* Shipment types.

1. 56.  Choose Save

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moazam and Narendra,

I am not in VI01T, infact its VA02 screenshot, where after creating SO i want to estimate the Shipment cost.

I went to VA02>> Extra>>Shipment cost--- there i put TPP, Shipping type and routes etc and executed.

My rest of the settings for Transportation are intact, it is giving me this strange error, where first it sets the shipment in planning and in next step it says not set,

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Please have a look into below screen shot .We will get like this way in Sales Order as you said , I have done.I didnt get any error .

Did you assign Shipment Cost Profile under Tab Shipping in VOV8  ?

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

Apprentaly it is giving me issues. regarding the shipment cost profile, I havent created any and I am just running it with giving appropiate data. This should not be issue it sems( or it can be?) coz in help its written its not mandatory to assign profiles to oreder type.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear ,

I assume you have done Delivery and also Shipment for that Sales Order why because your Screen shot clearly showing as you did Shipment also .Check below points also once again .

1. Service Agent copied successfully from the Delivery .

2.Leg Determination Executed

3. deadlines copied from delivery

VA01->VL01N->VT01N - Completed again you came to VA02 and were trying  to above way .

Yes or no ?

Note : Yes , VOV8 setting doesnt effecting like on above .

Thanks,

Naren

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Naren

What you are saying is that we have to do VA01 > VL01N and VT01N first then we can check shipment cost in VA02? Am I getting you correctly?

Thank$

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Actually , I am following is below way .

VA01>VL01N ( No PGI )->VT01N->VL02N->VI01->VF01

I dont know , why he is doing in VA02

Note : This Shipment Cost Information is only showing some of Shipment Cost and any Issues not creation of Shipment Cost by there self .

If you have any doubts let me know.

Thanks,

Naren

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont know , why he is doing in VA02

Naren

Please study this link. I am testing and will update my findings. Meanwhile you can also test and update.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/83/218ac8068a11d2bf5d0000e8a7386f/content.htm

This is a new thing for me and I am interesting to learn how this shipment cost information works in sale order.

Thank$

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

I have read all things whatever you provided above and also I had spent more time on this but I didnt get exactly result .I dont know ,why system is looking Partner LF in VA01 ,I got below errors .Please have a look into below screen shots .

Note : In my sales order , I have maintained Vendor and Forwarding Agent also but still system looking where ever for LF Partner .I dont have more time to spend on this today .I will look into this Issue when I have time mean while please do as some investigation on this .

I did configuration also for this .

Thanks,

Naren

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Naren

I have studied that document and followed the concept. Following is the screens and it is working fine. I have created sale order and checked shipment cost information. It is showing me correct value. Please have a look on document flow and Shipment Cost information screen.

Thank$

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

If you dont mind , Can you elaborate ,how did you do ?

Advance Thanks,

Naren

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I just entered the values which I have highlighted in screens. Maintained condition record in TK11 for the combination which I have entered in sale order. MAke sure you enter forwarding agent on sale order header.

Please try and revert back.

Thank$

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

If you dont mind , Can you tell me below my Queries to answers .

1. In Shipment Type , What Partner Determination Procedure ,did you assign ? ( for this , I had TR,in display mode even in change mode also ) .

2. In shipment Type , what Routine did you assign in the Field " Copying Routine " ? ( for this , I had 7 )

3. Did you get Net Value of Shipment Cost at what stage after saving Sales Order or before ?

4. Which Partners did you have at Sales Order Level ?

Note : I got all things automatically in Sales Order except Net Value .I dont why System is looking for LF or TR Partner in Sales Order Level .I have observed in configuration level but unable to findout exact where system looking ? 

Thanks,

Naren

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. In Shipment Type , What Partner Determination Procedure ,did you assign ? ( for this , I had TR,in display mode even in change mode also ) .

I have also TR in display in change mode.

2. In shipment Type , what Routine did you assign in the Field " Copying Routine " ? ( for this , I had 7 )

I also have same routine here which is 7.

3. Did you get Net Value of Shipment Cost at what stage after saving Sales Order or before ?

I have tested before and after saving and I am getting result on both stages.

4. Which Partners did you have at Sales Order Level ?

Are you checking this in VA01 or VA02? Don't create any reference document and just check this in VA01.

Please check and revert.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Are you checking this in VA01 or VA02? Don't create any reference document and just check this in VA01.

I am checking in VA01 and VA02 both levels .I didnt create any document .Every time,I am creating directly Sales Order but system is asking LF or TV not in Reference Document .I am fully confusion on this .

Note : I have maintained Serials Numbers for this Material . I have checked in Serial Numbers also but there was not suck kind of effecting on this way .

Thanks,

Naren

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is working fine for me. You must be missing something. Please check your shipment document type, route, sale order header partners, shipment type etc once again.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

The above Error comes from when you doesnt click on " Planning and Execution " under Deadlines .You can see as in Status as 0 Planned .

If you have any doubts please let me know .

Thanks,

Naren

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

The screen you have pasted is of VI01? If yes then check in shipment document VT02N what is the status of shipment document. There are buttons shipment document. Please check them and update.

Thank$

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When i want to estimate my shipment cost

Sorry your explanation is not clear.  Can you please explain clearly what do you mean by estimate. 

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

I want to estimate the shipment cost, which can be billed to the customer subsequently.

Regards

Ravi