cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Help: TNS ping issue for DR configuration at Primary on MSCS cluster with Oracle Failsafe Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are configuring disastor recovery for Production which is on MSCS cluster with oracle failsafe manager installed.

During the process, we have tried to TNSPING to the listener on Production (Primary) which not pinging.

We are getting below error when we tried to do TNSPING. We tried this from physical host where database is running, virtual hosts as well but getting the same error.

TNS-12541: TNS:no listener

Please guide us ASAP as this activity is pending from long back and needs to be completed ASAP

Thanks

Kishore Cherukumalla

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member206552
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

can you ping both server from one another,

if not as suggested by

is the listener running with port 1527 or 1521 ?

is the tnsnames.ora maintained with the correct port number ?

kind regards

marius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marius,

we have two listeners, one running on 1521 and other with 1527(oracle failsafe listener).

currently oracle failsafe listener is running and other one is not running. Please keep in mind that Production is on MSCS cluster with oracle failsafe manager.

we are able to ping DR server from Primary, but we are unable to ping Primary self, and from DR.

when we tried to do TNSPING <SID> on primary, listener is able to ping

in this case how to proceed further on DR configuration as Primary listener neets to be pinged from DR server which is not happening. Appreciate for the solution.

Thanks in advance.

former_member206552
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

are you using package names with the MSCS ? Just asking.

you should be able to ping the primary from itself, can you check and see if you have any entries in the host file  like below ?

IPADDRESS    hostname.domain    hostname

if not add it and try to ping the PRIMARY again,

former_member182307
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you also upload the initSID.ora file please ?

Thx.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

sorry for the late, i was busy with some other configuration.here i am attaching the initSID.ora file.

Thanks

former_member206552
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi kishore

please also supply sqlnet.ora

Former Member
0 Kudos

attaching Sqlnet.ora . Thanks.

former_member206552
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thank you,

did you manage to sort out the ports

as the screen shot shows 1521 and the listener.ora shows 1527.

if not stops the listener change the ports to the correct ones you want to use (listener.ora tnsnames.ora) and restart the listener and test again.

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Kish,

did you maintain the Host Name and IP in /etc/host file?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check status of your listener service. If it up and running double check your tnsnames.ora settings (hostname and port).

Former Member
0 Kudos

oracle database is up and running and listener also running. Thanks

former_member182307
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you upload you tnsnames.ora and listener.ora files ?

Best regards,

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Steve,

Thanks for the reply... I attached the tnsnames.ora and listener.ora.

i tried to ping with physical IP and also with virtual ip, both i tried but same result

please suggest...

Former Member
0 Kudos

The following is wrong in your attachments: on first attachment port 1521 is used but in configuration files port 1527 is used. Double check your information.