Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPCRYPTOLIB Update

Former Member
0 Kudos

Quick question, if I were to upgrade Kernel from 720 to 721 (Not EXT Kernel), do i have to re-install SAPCRYPTOLIB as per note 510007 or can i just simply replace the cryptographic files in the binaries and restart SAP system as part of Kernel upgrade.

1) As per note 1713986, it recommends to re-install. Does this note hold good for 721 Kernel upgrade since we are upgrading from 720 to 721. 

2) If I don't go for 721 and want to patch 720 to latest Kernel patch available, do i still install SAPCRYPTOLIB or simply replace the files and restart system.

Regards

Kalyan

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Depending on how you update your kernel, if you copy the files of the new kernel over the SAPCRYPTOLIB files remain there. If you empty the directories (both the central and the instance specific), then you need to copy the files again. Since there is no 7.21 specific version of SAPCRYPTOLIB, you should be fine with the one you are using currently.

0 Kudos

sorry..My query was if i were to upgrade Kernel and SAPCRYPTOLIB, the existing PSE certificates in SID_INSTANCE/sec directory...will they hold good for the new version of libsapcrypto.so,sapgenpse and sapcrypto.lst or do i have to create new certificates.

Regards

Kalyan

0 Kudos

If you upgrade SAPCRYPTOLIB you will have to place the new ticket file in the sec directory. Unless there is a incompatibility between the two SAPCRYPTOLIBs, you do not have to recreate your certificates.