Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single Inspection lot for Two plant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

My cliant requirement is single inspection lot for two or multiple plant,

Is it possible in the system, please guide.

Thanks in advance..

Yuvraj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yuvraj,

This can be done with user exit at the time of GR. It works best in case of Qm active for purchasing and when vendor has more than one facility (say in cities A & B) and your plant is also located in cities A & B.

System will check if there is a lot created in QALS table for material + Purchasing document (EBELN). If there is a lot in plant A and its UD is done then system wont create another lot in Plant B.  If however UD is not done or is rejected then system will create a lot.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It depends.  You can provide security so that users in two different plants can access the same inspection lot.  The inspection lot can only be created in one plant however, i.e. wherever the stock resides usually.

You can increase security by creating workcenter in each plant and granting access to only the workcenters needed.

I.e. two plants 1000 and 2000.

Create 2 work centers, WC1000 and WC2000.

In the inspection plan, create two operations. Put WC1000 on operation 10 and WC2000 on operation 20.   Put the correct MIC's on each operation.

Now grant access to plant 1000 personnel to WC1000  in both plant 1000 and 2000.

Grant access to plant 2000 personnel to WC2000 in both plant 1000 and 2000.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for your reply ......

yuvraj

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yuvraj, its not feasible. Any specific requirement for needing this?

Regards, Anand Rao

milind_kulkarni5
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What Mr. Mahadeswaran told is correct.

You can do QM UD stuff in one plant.Then transfer required stock to another plant.

Pls. revert.

Regards,

Milind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its not possible to create single Inspection Lot for multiple plants. All settings & master data are specific to plant.