Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong network profile assign in network

babarkhan_mujawar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have PReq with deletion flag in line item. Network is assign in Acct Assignment. But Network has different network profile i.e from different plant.

How the change the network profile..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear babarkhan,

You would like to change the plant right.?  If you have dif network profile which is having required plant assigned to it, then you need to delete the network before that u need to copy the network and give the appropriate network profile while copying..... To do that select the above wbs , right click and click on create- copy network- in the dialouge box select appropriate profile from network parementer tab and click yes/enter to finish the procedure.  by this way u created a new network. 

Delete the old network if system allows otherwise set deletion flag and remove the wbs assignements for that network.  Please remember If PO committment or any actual cost exists, then u need to reverse the same to do above steps. 

There are some otherways of changing the samei.e plant i.e directly updating in the table or etc...  but i feel this is one of the easiest method which i tried couple of times...

Prashanth..

babarkhan_mujawar
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks prashant for replying.

While copy the network i am getting this issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear  Babarkhan,

I think there is a user status which is prohibiting the transaction.  ie wbs gen_pcr_lab - elect-1. 

Change the user status and try.  Please remember keep your cursor on the wbs to which your network belongs and then try copying. 

As i said if there is PO or actual cost exist then you need to close before copying or after copying new network. 

Try and let me know

Prashanth

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go through the OPUU and check how many network profile you have as far as i know network profile should be unique for all plants and define in project profile. check with OPSA which one network profile is assigned in project profile.

once you create project with all object's hierarchy and save after that you can not change network profile in structure.

Not sure but you may try field selection PROJ-VPROF at PD level as input instead of display.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sanjeev,

You are right.  Network Profile is Unique but we can have multiple profiles based on the requirement.  Say for eg.  if i have two plants then i can have two network profiles and two project profile.  I think in this case in the network wrong plant is coming.  So we need to do some work around.  i.e copy network as i mentioned.  In these cases closing project is not an good option.  if networks are few , if project is still in intial stages (po and actual costs are not yet posted) then we can do this process.

regards

Prashanth.

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In these cases closing project is not an good option.  if networks are few , if project is still in intial stages (po and actual costs are not yet posted) then we can do this process.

Who is saying project closing is good option in these cases? Have you checked at your end what ever you are saying? while Even Amaresh already said in earlier post after saving structure you can not change network profile!!

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sanjeev,

I have said my observations.  And didnt say that you  have said to close the project.  And i have checked below mentioned case and successfully changed the plant in several occassions. 

Eg i have one project profile.  and one network profile.  in opsa network profile has been defaulted.  but not plants as i have severl plants.  Now while creating project i select my project profile and give one plant , let say 1000, later if i comes to know that this project is belongs to plant 1100 then system wont allow us to change the plant as it will be gred out because i have already saved the project.

we can change plant in def level or wbs level but plant we cant. 

So what are the options left out now.  one options which i tried i mentioned above.  It depends on the  requirement and your config...finally.  Babarkhan didnt specify whether he want to change the network profile or plant....and whether in opsa network profile is defaulted or not. 

Regards

Prashanth.. 

babarkhan_mujawar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Sorry to say that whatever config has done is correct.. Implementation team has created unnecessary different N/W profile plant wise..But i have check the config, if we take any n/w profile that doesn't effect the project.So no need to copying the network..

Can anybody tell how to remove the deletion flag for which acc assig cat is Network.

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@Babarkhan :-Creating totally confusion so we carefully when post thread in forum 2nd think according to forum rule you can not ask multiple question in single thread so raise another thread.

Regards,

Sanjeev

babarkhan_mujawar
Participant
0 Kudos

@ Sanjeev, Yes you are right..I am closing this issue with reward point.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can not change the profile once the project is saved and released.

Regards,

Amaresh Makal

babarkhan_mujawar
Participant
0 Kudos

I want to remove the deletion flag from line item of PReq, in which Network is assigned. As per standard, if we change the status of Network activity from close>TECO>REL. Deletion flag will be remove.

I have tested one test PReq, in which i am able to remove the deletion flag by revoking the status of Network activity. I have checked that the correct network profile with combination of plant.

Regards

Babar