cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read database tables from the java stack from abap?

dhorions
Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't know if this is the best place for my question, but I am looking for a way to access the tables where the roles and iviews of the portal are stored from withing an abap-report.

Can anyone tell me if this is possible and where I should go to find information about this?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As suggested by Gareth, one way could be use webservices as ABAP has the capabilities to consume webservices and offcourse that is independent of the technology being used for websrevices.

Other way as I can think of is use JCo server.You could write a class which would act as an JCo server and then could be called from ABAP programs....details go here

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/09/c88442a07b0e53e10000000a155106/content.htm

I am not sure about how this could be deployed onto the portal / jee runtime environment...will update if find that.

Rgds,

Amol

dhorions
Contributor
0 Kudos

Are there generic webservices for reading '<i>java tables</i>', or should that be implemented ?

The reason I ask is this : we don't do java development here, and I also have no idea in what tables I would find the data I need.

Former Member
0 Kudos

no generic routines available AFAIK....you have to write custom code to do that

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dries,

I'm not totally sure of the solution to this as typically I work going the other way, i.e. Java to ABAP tables...

I think you would need to be able to read the SAP DB tables where the data is stored using a Java EJB say, then create a web service from this which you could then call from your ABAP? Does that sound even remotely possible (I'm making it up!)

Hope this gives you some ideas or triggers other people to post ideas!

Gareth.