Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process flow

former_member1279634
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Is there a sap standard process for wholesaling to distributor and/or retailer to consumer?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

abhinav_sharma05
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check with Mr. Google 🙂

Thanks,

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please elaborate your business scenario to give better solution.

I will give you one example which may help you.

For our client: The sales happens through a distributor. The distributor create the sales order, Del and Invoice. In this case, our SP,SH,BP,PY are distributors and in addition that we have another partner function called "End customer". This is how our client gets the information about end customer(retailer).

Note: In the above scenario, we have to transfer stock to distributor from MM cycle first.

Please let me know what's your scenario, for which we may help you to give a solution.

Regards, Sai krishna.

former_member1279634
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sai krishna,

We are a company selling fmcg/cpg products to either Distributor or Retailer.

Let's say we are company XYZ who needs to sell-in our products to the following customers:

1) Our Distributor customer (wholesaler) creates a Sales Order. We then  pick and pack the items and ship the goods to that distributor. The Distributor then sell-out the products to a Retailer. Then the Retailer sells the products to the end-consumer.

2) Our Retailer Customer (ex. drugstores, supermarkets, convenience stores) sell the products to the end-customers.

In both cases, we need to track their sales and inventory (Distributor and Customer).

Thanks.

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

2 ways:

1. You can think of the one which I explained in my earlier ( Just create distributors location as Storage location) So, MM will transfer stock to that location and you can stock from that location.

2. You may think of consigment process.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

In your case , there are 3 characters as below .

1. Whole seller

2. Retailer

3. End Customer

I feel , in your case Consignment Sales doesnt fit to get correct output .You are scenario is telling me as primary and secondary sales .

Primary is from Whole Seller to Retailer  thru VA01

Secondary is Retailer to End Customer thru VA01

Note :May I know, are you asking above like way or any another way

If you have any doubts please let me know .

Thanks,

Naren

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Further to my above explanation, could you please help me to understand below one.

When will your company gets the information that your Distributor selling to Retailer and Retailer is selling to End customer?

You may think of below options as well:

Distributor (Plant)

Retailer (Sloc)

End customer (is the real customer)

Its all depends on how your client wants to account your sales. Do they want to consider every step as a sales (meaning company to distributor - Retailer - End customer).

Or only end customer sales is the actual sales?

If they say that only end customer is real sales: Then move the stock to Distributor location first, from there do the sales to Retailer and End customer. If you know who is your end customer while selling to retailer, then capture retailer as one partner function and End customer as another partner function.

Now, if you selling directly to retailer - end customer, you can have direct sales to retailer from there to end customer.

Also, clarify me: Retailers from distributor and your second scenario retailer are one and same or both are different?

Let me know if I didn't understand your scenario.

Regards, Sai Krishna.