Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Work Process in PRIV Mode

Dear All,

after getting the result of transactions, Users did not close/export the resulted window for a long time as you see in below image and due to this, work process went in PRIV mode.

here If i kill the session then user complain about it that why kill the session?

what i have to do with resulted window? what will be the impact if I did not close the session?

as I shared the value of parameters if there Is any solution then please share?

Regards,

Tags:
Former Member replied

First of all, in order to avoid PRIV mode, the ABAP code should be optimized by the developer, if it is the customer program. Criteria selection is an important issue while executing the report, also. If the report deos not optimized very well, it is inevitable to face with the PRIV mode during the execution.

Secondly, long runtime does not depend to the heap memory (PRIV mode) utilization. It is a result of the not enough free extended memory left on the device, as I noted previously.

In default, the both memory quota levels (extended+heap) have been set to max 2Gb memory allocation. With the 32 Gb physical memory, you can try the parameters, below;

PHYS_MEMSIZE=24576

em/address_space_MB = 8192

ztta/roll_extension_dia = 8192000000

This configuration will configure extended memory to use max 8GB memory. It means that the process will allocate the heap memory when 8GB quota level exceeded.

Regarding the values over the screenshot, the system configured as default. So, a process can be allocated max 4 GB memory. If you configure the parameters I noted above, a process can be used max 12 GB (extended + heap memory).

I hope that it is clear.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question