cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intra company sales process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could any one pls. help me out on how to proceed for the following scenario.

Pls. remember that SAP is not in practise for my client Currently.

There is a Company Code under which 2 plants (X & Y) were been assigned, but both the plants are under different profit centres and both are currently assigned to different Sales Organizations  (A & B) as well. Now the customer of Sales Organization "A" wants to place an order and get the delivery from the plant "B" which is under Sales Org "B', I can't consider it as an inter company sales since both the plants are under 1 company code.

Management wants to consider this particular sales as the Sales Org "A" sales and delivery will be done by the Plant "B". Ideally Plant "B" will deliver the material to the customer of Sales Org "A" but issues the delivery note in the name of Sales Org "A".

As this is the transaction between the 2 plants under 1 company code, there is no seperate invoice and currently finance is transferring the costs between the plants.

Now Sales Org "A" will invoice the customer.

How can we configure this scenario in SAP.

I'm thinking to maintain the same material at both plants by extending it and during sales order creation at Sales Org "X", I would like to change the plant manually from "X" to "Y".

Plant Y will produce the goods and delivers it to the customer.

Since Plant "B" issues the delivery note I would like to create the customer master for Sales Org A.

Pls. guide me the complete process of the same.

Regards,

Madhu.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

Thanks for your response, it resolved my issue.

Regards,

Madhu.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Madhu,

Good to hear that the issue is solved!

Could you please update - in this thread - what changes / new settings you did, w.r.t configurations?

Also mark this thread as answered.

These actions / steps shall help other members / readers.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As TW mentioned earlier, just assign the plant Y to sale org A +Distribution channel and that will take care of the business requirements.

Regards,

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Madhu,

I think members have posted their views in a "complicated" manner.

For me, the mapping of this business process is simple:

Business requirement:

Customer wants to buy goods from Sales org A

Goods shall be delivered from Plant Y.

Customer shall be billed by Sales org A

Mapping in SAP:

1. Sales org is not directly assigned to Plant.

Distribution line (i.e. Sales org + D chan) is assigned to Plant

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1861645

2. Assign Sales org A + Distribution channel to Plant Y

3. (might be already done) Customer is created with Sales area of Sales org A, D chan, Div.

4. (might be already done) Create shipping point for Plant Y

5. (might be already done) Material should be extended to Plant Y and respective storage location + Stock should be available.

Transaction process:

1. In VA01, create a sales order.

2. Manaully change the Delivering plant from anything (say X) to Y - in sales order, line item level.

3. In VL01N Create delivery, picking, PGI

4. In VF01, create a billing document.

The billing document - the sales area would have sales org A, D channel, Division; and External customer

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Madhu,

I have understood business process but can you please help me in understanding your exact requirement. Can you please answer to following question which will help us to understand it?

1. You want to post this Sales as a Sales from Sales Org. A, right?

2. Which profit center do you want to get determined in SO, it should be for delivering plant B or ordering sales org. plant A?

3. How do you want to handle Billing process, final customer invoice will definitely be from Sales org. A but how about charges from Sales org. B to A?

4. Lastly, what entries do you want to post in Sales Org. B(plant Y) account?

Thanks,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kiran,

As per your business  requirement :

1. Since both the sales Organizations were belongs to same Company Code , Its is an intercompany sale transfer  process but not an  Intra sales transfer.

2. If the Sales Org A ( plant X) raises the order on behalf of its customer to Sales org B ( Plant Y ) , then Sales org A will be the Sold to the Party .

3. And Sales Org B ( plant Y ) wil be Ship to Party , Since it will deliver the goods to the customer of Sales Org A on its belhalf.

4. And Sales Org B raise invoivce to Sales Org A ( Plant X) for the goods which was delivered to its customer.

5. Payer: But payer may be the customer who recievesgoods/ Sales Org may collect and pay to the Sales Org depends on their business process.

And maintain parter functions/ & Copy Controls as per the requirement.

I hope it might be useful for  your requirement.

Regards,

vrkumar