Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Values not getting delete. Only maked as 'deleted'

former_member199632
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

When deleting a value from using a transactions, it is not deleting from the database.

Instead the functional team complains, it is only tagged as deleted. (marked as deleted. But not actually deleted)

In actual scenario , they wants to deleted these values from the DB.

pls, let me know how to resolve this?

If we perform table / DB reorganization what will be the impact on this. Will the values marked as deleted will deleted permanently?

Sametime, i would like to know what is the best practice regarding this... and other relevant information on this

regards,

zerandib

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zerandib,

In same domain some entries can be be only marked for deletion and later it can be archived.

If you can explain your scenario or business process under which you perform deletion, we would be able to provide you solution wrt to scenario.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

former_member199632
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Deepak,

Master data is possible to delete. I have tried using O4V2 , by deleting a vehicle from the vehicle master.  It delete the record from the table as well successfully.

I think most of the transaction data can not be deleted directly.

I heard that "It can be only marked for deletion and then you need to archive and delete"

Do u know how to perform this action.  Archive and delete?

thanks

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zerandib,

Basically Data archiving process comprises three major phases. They are:

1. Creating an archive file: The archived files of data are created in the SAP database by the Archiving Management system. The Management system reads the data from the database and writes it to the archive files in the background. In instances of archived files exceeding the maximum specified limit, or if the number of data objects exceed the stipulated limit in the system, then the system automatically creates new archive files. 

At the end of the process of saving data into archive files, ADK triggers the system event SAP_ARCHIVING_WRITE_FINISHED, which is an indicator to the system to start next phase of archiving process.

2. Removing the archived data from the database:

While archiving management system writes data on the archive files, another program deletes it from the database permanently. The program checks whether the data has been transferred to the archive. It is quite important too as it is the last check performed by the system before deleting data permanently from the database. Several deletion programs run simultaneously, because the archiving program is much more faster than the deletion programs. This is important as it increases the efficiency of archiving process.

3. Transferring the archived files to a location outside the SAP database

Once the Archive management system has finished archiving the data, the next step is to save the archived files at a different location other than the SAP database. This can be accomplished by an automated process in the system or by a manual process. This step is optional since many enterprises may wish to keep the archived files within the current database. However, large enterprises transfer their data periodically as a part of their data archiving processes.

You may refer link for step by step guide. Link contains example for PI which you may use for ECC as well.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e0afdd69-a8a7-2d10-7e9a-cbf6fa21c...

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zerandib,

Hope your query is answered.

Regards,

Deepak Kori