Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory analysis issue via TCode s_memory_inspector

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I try to do a test about memory analysis.the scenario is following picture,

as display the above, gt_t005 internal table consume 36K memory.

then I create a memory snapshot via menu system->utility->memory analysis->create memory snapshot

The issue is i cant find gt_t005 internal table in the analysis file.

I think gt_t005 variable should display at the top of Table Bodies.because it consume the most memory.

anybody cound tell me why, tks a lot.

Best regards.

J.D.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184455
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi J.D.,

There is a pitfall when working with the (now not longer quite so) new debugger: since it is living in an own internal mode, both the okay-code-field shortcut /HMUSA and the menu path 'system->utility->memory analysis->create memory snapshot' will create a memory snapshot of the debugger mode itself. This is normally not what you would like to do.

To create a memory snapshot for the program under investigation, you have to open a 'New Tool' in the debugger (it's one of the icons on right side of a debugger sub-screen). Then choose 'Memory Management' -->'Memory Analysis' . For this new tool now chose 'Services of the Tool'-->'Create Memory Snapshot'.

Best Regards,

Randolf

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member197561
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi J.D.,

It depends when you take the snapshot and for which user it is taken. Looks to me that the memory inspector snapshot does not match same situation which is captured at the breakpoint.

Best Regards,

Sylvia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tks Sylvia,

I think the snapshot should include all runtime object in current session,right?

I run this program and create the snapshot by myself.

Former Member
0 Kudos

anybody could give me some advice, tks

the thread is in incorrect group?