cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building a full MI 2.5 SP16 setup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

currently we are using MI 2.5 SP12 and plan to upgrade to SP16. For minimal traffic we'd like to build a setup file that installs MI 2.5 SP16 (old architekture using webconsole) on our clients. The problem is that only a full SP13 installation is available, firther patches should be deployed using the webconsole. Is there any possibility for us to include the SP16 in the setup?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I followed the instructions you mentioned and extracted the folder 1.zip and uncompressed.zip but the name change of MPCClientITK and the wrong path C:\Program Files\SAP\Mobile Infrastructure are not acceptable for us.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Michael,

Procedure to preconfigure the MI client

1. In folder 1\Client\setup create new folder named Program Files

2. Copy the SAP Mobile Infrastructure folder from uncompressed folder to the Program Files folder

3. Edit the MobileEngine.config file in the settings folder

4. Add the settings which you want to preconfigure the MI client.

5. Come back to SAP Mobile Infrastructure folder.

6. Add ths custom folders or files which you want to add.

7. Edit the startup.bat file.

8. Add following entries at the beginning of the file

SET JAVA_HOME = <b>JAVA HOME FOLDER on your system</b>

SET ME_HOME =<b> MI home folder which you want</b>

SET JAVA_EXE=%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java.exe

SET JAVA_OPTIONS=-mx256m

9. Now save this startup.bat file and close it.

10. In SAP Mobile Infrastructure folder create new file and name it as listOfJars.txt

11. Add the folloding entries inside this file but replace the <ME_HOME> with the MIclient home folder

path.

<ME_HOME>\lib\crimson.jar; <ME_HOME>\lib\jasper.jar;<ME_HOME>\lib\jaxp.jar; <ME_HOME>\lib\MEg.jar; <ME_HOME>\lib\MEgPatch.jar; <ME_HOME>\lib\pinstall.jar; <ME_HOME>\lib\servlet.jar; <ME_HOME>\lib\webserver.jar; <ME_HOME>\lib\xalan.jar;

<b>Make sure you remove the newline characters between above entries</b>

12. Save and close.

13. Run 1\Client\setup\Setup.exe

14. <u><b>While installing, Remember ME_HOME variable value is the installtion directory

you need to specify when the Installshield will ask you for Destination Folder</b></u>

I think this will solve your problem.

Thanks & Regards,

Abhijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

unfortunately we have a roll out of our version wihtin the next 4 weeks and have to build a customer enhanced setup. Isn't there any possibility for us to do this with the supplied archive?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael

If you read the reply i had mentioned in the link provided by Karthik, the solution is provided by using the supplied archives by SAP only. The only difference is there is slight change in the build structrue delivered in the latest SPs and in earlier SP for example SP13. In the SP16 release you would not find a umcomp folder which is very much part of the SP13 build. It is this uncomp folder structure that helps customers to customize their setup using folder EXT1 and EXT2. Now with the explaination provided in the link above, i have explained the procedure to obtain the uncomp folder with the existing release as well. Hence by following this procedure, you can build a customer enhanced setup and also roll out the devices as per your requirement.

Hope this helps

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi!

I checked your recommendation and it really seems to be a full mi25 sp16 pl03 good so far

but now I have another problem...the older versions were extractable so that we could add customer stuff to the Ext1 or Ext2 folders. This version is a installshield package and I'm not able to extract it. Is there any way to customize the installer or extract it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

There seems to be a change in the folder structures, this was done unintentionally. SAP is fixing this problem, please watch the following thread.

You should get an update soon.

Best Regards,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

as far as I see the NWMCLIENT..... archives are MI Client 7.0 only. We need MI 2.5 since we only run NW2004

if there are full installation files for MI 2.5 SP 16 in the SMP, can you supply me with a link?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

This is present for 04 as well.

There is no Direct link but ill guide you through it.

Goto service.sap.com/swdc -> click on Support Patches -> Entry by application group -> SAP NetWeaver -> SAP NETWEAVER -> SAP Netweaver 04 -> Entry by Component -> MI Client -> Mi Client 2.5 -> OS independant, Here you will find NWMClient16P_3-10002889.sca.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

SAP delivers full installations for every SP. You can get this installation in SMP.

NWMClient***.sca (We have one for each SP)

To get the full installation file, download the SCA file availabe in Service market place and navigate into the sca file. You can find setup.exe in the following location

NWMClient***.sca.zip -> NWM_JSP_WIN32.sda-> NWM_JSP_Win32.zip->setup.exe Similiarly replace JSP by AWT and Win32 by WinCE to obtain AWT and PDA installation files.

Hope this solves your problem.

Best Regards,

Karthik