cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP over the web

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear colleague,

I don't know if I'm posting in the correct session. Anyway, it's been a while since I'm working on SAP architecture and I never really found any good solution to work correctly with SAP over the web.

ITS is quite interesting but well we are always facing trouble and issues : from basic performance issues till the usual missing printing feature or the lack of multi session for instance.

Even if the upcoming ECC / NW 2004s and so on will fix most of those issues, what kind of solution exist (in production of course) right now ?

For instance, I'm thinking about VPN over SSL ? Is it a reliable alternative ? I believe that SAP itself made the choice of deploying F5 solutions but may be there are other products available ?

Thanks for your answers and advise.

Kind regards,

E.R.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

ralph_resech
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

first of all the way you use to access you SAP system usually depends on the application you want to use. If the application you want to use is written in ABAP Dynpro you have various options.

- Use the ITS (what is of course the topic here) by either using the SAP GUI for HTML or make your own look and feel using HTML business templates.

- Use the SAP GUI for Windows / Java directly through a VPN (SSL or whatever) or directly through a SAP Router. Anyway you should use SNC to (additionally) encrypt the communication.

- Use the SAP GUI for Windows / Java through a terminal server connection (WTS or Citrix). Anyway you should secure the access to these servers by encryption and authentication (like Secure ID for example), too.

To see which of these solutions is the best for you, you have to have a detailed look at your requirements.

HTH

Ralph

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using Citrix for our external users. The SAPGUI is on the users desktop when they log in. Performance is very good, and that is coming from users.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hye,

We are running different release, from 4.6 till ECC 6.0. I already heard about BSP starting with 4.7 but is it reliable ? Or is it a complete and complex project ? In the same "spirit", may be some components from NW 2004s can be used in case backward compatibility is guaranteed ?

Thanks for your advise.

E.R.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eric,

If you have version which is higher, then 4.6 than BSP is the better idea for Webreporting. Many Applications already been inbuilt.If you hav plans for EP,then you can easily create BSP Iviews and link to those BSP programs.

Rgds,

Jothi.P

P.S : Do award pts by clicking the options on the left.It's SDN way of saying thanks and it will motivate the helpers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Eric,

Is your SAP Version >= 4.7 . If so you can make use of BSP(Business Server Pages). BSP is a good replacement of ITS. ABAPHTMLJavascript = BSP.

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/4e/ac0b94c47c11d4ad320000e83539c3/frameset.htm">BSP Application</a>

Rgds,

Jothi.P

*reward if helpful.