cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from 4.7 to ECC 6.0 & Migrating from TAXINJ TO TAXINN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

From SD point of view what are the necessary steps to configure and change while migrating to TAXINN.

Steps like :

1) Taxprocedure

2) Excise defaults

3) Setting up Pricing structure

4) Condition records etcetra

Are there any other things or will there be any consequences while doing this, If there please suggest

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Krishna,

The Threads and URL which were given by you found to be the good source of Information for me.

The thread 409351 suggested from SD perspective to First Close all the Open sales order before Migrating.

The thread 1199192 suggested to migrate to TAXINN and close all the open sales orders and recreate after Migrating. This thread has also given a link for more information but while browsing i faced error 404 which i have mailed to SAP network about it.

But Sir as my Client is already using TAXINJ and want to Migrate to TAXINN, so what are that changes  to do while Migrating .

For Example : Set up the Pricing structure, Maintain the Condition types in excise defaults etcetra And what More. Please suggest.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Thank you very much for sharing your Inputs.

To Nilesh     : Sir thank you for Briefing the process, I will check with my other modules experts.

To Himavant : Hemavanth I will take care specially on tax code and condition record.

To Siva        : Siva I have checked the Thread 3086850. Where SAP suggesting not to migrate and rather             than reimplement. But reimplement what the CIN complete part or something else, can                        you  please brief me that.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But reimplement what the CIN complete part or something else

It includes all (SD, MM, CIN etc.,)

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh thank you sir for your Concernment on this sir. But my company says it is a Up gradation Project. Let me check up with them, As they said it is only a Migration from TAXINJ to TAXINN.  

But really thank you sir for making a note of the SAP suggestion.

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

please check this Link

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3186850

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

As there are so many sensitive things in this case which affects the existing transactions. So, as Nilesh said make sure that you are closing all the open transactions. In TAXINJ we use UTXJ condition type in the sales pricing procedure which copies the values of excise duties and taxes from tax codes which is not required in case of TAXINN. Maintain the condition records for the respective excise duty condition types as per ur requirement. Be cautious while doing each every step which should not affect the existing one. Rest all the process are same no additional settings.

Regards,

S.Himavanth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is going to be a big deal. You can compare this activity with rollout project in SD/MM.

You need to seat with MM and FI guy and figure it out.

MM-

Close all open docuemnt's that has got any excisable transactions. Do not keep any PO open that is using TAXINJ. You can search this on the basis of TAX code. If excisable tax code is used in PO, it means it is excisable transactions.

you need to close all open excisable GR. You need to close all excisable invoices. You need to post all open excisable entries using J1I5. You need to update and print excise registers for all these transactions.

Then decide on new number ranges for all the excise registers. You need to take prior approval from excise authorities on number ranges. Then assign these number ranges to excise objects.

SD-

In the similar way to MM ,

alll excisable open SO, deliveries etc need to be posted and closed. Post the transactions to RG1, update RG1 and print. Recheck in J1I5 if any transaction is unattended.

Match open and close balances for alll the materials for MM and SD.

Check for all the GL balances before shifting to new tax procedure. Check the GL entries for opening and closing balances with utilization GL. Seat with FI and figure out the GL assignment for various excise transaction types. usually these GL are assigned in CIN, same GL are assigned to conditions in OB40 with the help of account keys used in TAXIIN.

You need to create TAX codes using new conditions used in TAXIIN.

Once above steps are finalized, you can then migrate from TAXINJ to TAXIIN.