Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creation of Single Excise Invoice for Multiple GRNs in J1IEX.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Gurus,

My Client is having a different business scenario of capturing single excise invoice for multiple GRNs.

For Example:

Purchase order will be created for quantity of 500 Metric Tonnes.(PO. No. 4500000271 Dated. 01.02.2013)

With reference of above purchase order we received goods through multiple GRNs.

GRN 1  Quantiy 100   12.02.2013

GRN 1  Quantiy  50   18.02.2013

GRN 1  Quantiy 350   10.03.2013

note: we have done GRNs without excise and also the vendor has submitted single invoice for all the above GRNs.

Now suggest us how to proceed further for creating  Single excise invoice dated. 15.03.2013 and posting excise invoice for the above multiple GRNs.

Thanks & Regards

Rajesh Cheekati

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

brinda_r
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In such cases you should first capture the EI wrt PO via J1iEX for full PO qty and then do multiple GRs by

referring the captured EI.

If GR is already done then excise credit should be taken via J1IH.

But first option is advised.

Regards,

Brinda

9 REPLIES 9

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Check below SAP Help link, it may help you

http://help.sap.com/additional/cv_india/en/48/71ede72cd411d4ae1900105a16d13d/content.htm

Regards, Sai Krishna.

brinda_r
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In such cases you should first capture the EI wrt PO via J1iEX for full PO qty and then do multiple GRs by

referring the captured EI.

If GR is already done then excise credit should be taken via J1IH.

But first option is advised.

Regards,

Brinda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi brinda,

thanks for your valuable suggestion and correct me if i'm wrong can i follow the below process,

first in j1iex with respect to each material document capture the excise invoice and in j1i5 by selecting the material document updating the part 1 and then with respect to vendor invoice number  posting the excise invoice.

thanks in advance

rajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi brinda,

please help me regarding the below scenario

my client is purchasing coal from vendor while the vendor sends goods he is not sending excise invoice,after receiving the all ordered quantity he is sending a single invoice for multiple grns,so what is the option i have to select in excise invoice tab while doing grn. how to create excise invoice.

thanks in advance,

rajesh

brinda_r
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

You can do 'Only part1' in MIGO for all the GRs.

Then capture and Post EI via J1IEX > Withour purchase order option. Enter all the values manually.

Regards,

Brinda

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi brinda,

means for every material document i have to enter the data manually right, but how i can use same excise invoice number for all the grns.

Thanks & Regards,

rajesh

brinda_r
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no using of same excise for all GRNs..

Here Excise and Gr will not have any connection.

If you want connection then excise should be captured before GR.

Regards,

Brinda

kailas_ugale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

but how i can use same excise invoice number for all the grns.

As per my knowledge if material is excisable and then vendor should send excise document along with that delivery .and Legally also  its mandatory ,we can not move excisable material outside of factory without excise invoice.

For all delivery you have same excise number( vendor invoice  reference number) even though you want separate excise  posting for each delivery with same reference ( vendor invoice  reference number) in J1IEX system wont allow it ,you will get error vendor excise invoice number already exist for fiscal Year.

Regards

Kailas

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am agree with Kailash. Legally it is not allowed to move excisable items out of factory without excise, how come vendor sending them in bits and pieces and final invoice once the delivery is completed?

You need to correct the process.

However system will allow you to have single excise invoice for multiple GR when you do j1IEX capture for full PO quantity, and do MIGO with ref to excise invoice. Then once all GR are done you can post them in excise.