cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New output device to be used as a default device .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends !

We want to change the default logical output destination for output message ZXXX with ref to some user IDs. For this we have done the necessary changes in

System-->User profile-->Own data--->Defaults-->In Spool Control (We maintained the new output device-LPXXXX).

Still the new output device is not being considered as a default printer . Please help me to achieve this .

Thanks !

Sandeep N .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

Why dont you try with creating new condition table with username field and maintain condition record for this user. With this system will get data from condition record and you can use this table for other users too.

Thank$

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If output is driven by condition records then device is also determined from the condition records. User's default settings have nothing to do with that.

If the same output type has to be directed to a different printer only for specific user IDs then in the output configuration there should be access sequence with User ID field.

This question has already been asked on SCN, please search before posting.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Please following discussion,

- Inquiry:: Smartforms' parameter 'user_settings'

Although that's related to MM. But, that will help you in getting your desired result and understand current system behavior. Don't hesitate to take help or discuss the same with you SMARTFORM developer team.

Thanks, JP:

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Please have a look into VP01 Settings where we can maintain Settings relevant to Print .

Note : 1. Please consider fact of Alli post also .You have to maintain Condition record as with required details before you have to create table also .

2. If I remember correctly ,VP01 T.Code is for Print settings .I dont have SAP right now to execute to check as it is or not .

Thanks,

Naren

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am sure your basis guy will be in a position to do this without any issues. You have collect printer name and IP details, user details and give it to basis guy. They will configure the printer with LOCL printer.

Now, in your output records, you just have to give output device as LOCL and it will work.

Let me know if i understand your issue wrongly.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai Krishna,

your solution will be applicable for all user IDs and not specific to some user Ids .

Regards,

Sandeep N

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Speak to your basis person. But I do not think it will possible for particular user id's.

Thanks,

Jignesh mehta