PGI Delivery

Cr Invenotry

Dr  Some Balance Sheet a/c

Billing

Cr Some Balance Sheet a/c

Dr COGS

Cr Rev

Dr Customer

So, client is interested to see COGS at the time of billing. Not at the time of PGI

Please let me know how to configure this in SAP. Early responses are appreciated

Moderator : . I have done the basic search in the forum and could not find the answer.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Billing

Dr COGS

Cr Rev

Dr Customer

By a chance ,If we got above Entries when during creation of Billing ( How cloud be present VKOA Settings ?) ,What about FI Point of view ? How that people will be cleared  respective of FI side ? why because nullification of entries will be there as total different  in PGI and Billing right .

If you dont mind , Can you share your Business Requirement on this to understanding purpose .

Note : Any way , some little bit confusion on this to understand .

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

Billing

Dr COGS

Cr Rev

Dr Customer

During billing, if we get this entries, there is nothing to worry about VKOA because only revenue gets hit from VKOA. The whole purpose of having this scenario is, they want to see only real COGS; not the statistical COGS. If they want to see the statistical ones, they could use the COPA report to track the demand.

So, from FI side, there wont be any issues achieving this scenario as we are putting into some other B/S account to make the a/c entries even.

What ever you said is right. This is kind of confusing .

But lets try to shed some light on it.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is your client requirement in asking COGS account posting at the time of Billing instead of PGI?

Then what do you post at the time of PGI? No COGS, no entry...........

This Standard SAP hence we could not change the entire purpose......

PGI entry comes from OBYC account determination and Billing entry comes from VKOA

You should be in a position to explain to the customer on SAP standard process and procedures.

Hope you understand

Thank,

Narasimhulu - SAP FICO

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First let me correct your entries in cash sales process:

Cash A/C - Debited

Revenue - Credited.

Now, coming to COGS its very interesting scenario. Even i am very curious to learn this. After reading your question, i did bit of search in SCN found similar type of questions. Some are suggesting CO-PA as one of the options.

Please check below threads may help you.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/7a/4c3a934a0111d1894c0000e829fbbd/content.htm

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1811492

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1305469

Regards, Sai Krishna.