cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fulfilling location on Billing document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a requirement where we need to populate the stock fulfilling location on the Billing document and article document.

on our Ecommerce business when an item is purchased by the customer, this item can be shipped to customer by our different fulfilling locations like Warehouses, Nearest Store of the customer etc.,

above transaction doesn't get posted to SAP until the items were shipped to the customer.

We are looking for a place holder on the billing document, Article document to save the fulfilling location information, these fulfilling locations were created as Sites that only has inventory.

Can you please advise if and where to populate the fulfiling location information on the billing document, so that we can report on sales fulfiled by perticular location.

any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Shreya.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can I use Shipping point on billing document item details for this purposes? I don't see any one suggested that? Please advise?

Thanks

Shreya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shipping Point is where the delivery is determined from.

How will you determine these locations?  If you are saying the Site does the delivery to the location and then to the final customer / retail store?

If it is dynamic then you will need a userexit and maybe a Z table with the data for determination.  I can suppose you could review  Material group 1 to 5, Item Text SGTXT.

Further, since I think this is IS-Retail then won't the IDOC userexit be able to do something like this anyway.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Waza

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

These fulfilling locations were created as Sites that only has inventory.

When you treat  Shipping Point as Fulfilling Locations ,Doest It make / update / has Inventory ? 

Thanks,

Naren

abhinav_sharma05
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shreya,

You can create these fulfilling locations as storage locations.

Thanks,

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

On our E-commerce business when an item is purchased by the customer, this item can be shipped to customer by our different fulfilling locations like Warehouses, Nearest Store of the customer etc.

Why dont you consider Storage Location as Fulfilling Locations ?

We are looking for a place holder on the billing document, Article document to save the fulfilling location information,

Above info seems to be looks like EAN(  European Article Number ) but as per my knowledge , EAN ( IDOC ) having Material Entered and SAP Material , reason , Unit of measurement and Validity details .

These fulfilling locations were created as Sites that only has inventory.

If you read once again above sentence then you can sure to treat as Storage Location / Warehouse as Fulfilling Locations to be have the Inventory .

If you have any doubts please let me know .

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naren,

Thanks for your response!

Using storage locations is one of the option we had, but not sure if this can be utlizied by keeping future implementations in mind.

In Future we are hoping to bring SAP Warehouse management and thought using Storage locations as fulfiling locations will not fit very well.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks

Shreya

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a field called Usage in billing document Item. See if that can help you.. But, you have pre define all your stock filling locations, depends on the fulfilling location system should pick up the usage.

@experts: Please correct if that usage has any other impact in the system.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sai

Yes we can use this field freely. F1 help describes very clearly about this field. One thing I would like to share is that when you activate Quality inspection for delivery order in SD system checks the usage of this material. In other words this field is linked with Quality Management and SD integration but this is from sale order not from delivery

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response Sai/Ali!

Currently we have values in Usage field "Replacement", "Sample", "Series", I have noticed that these values are not being populated when the IDOC is posted.

Ali mentioned that this field is used for Quality Management in SD, so what implications will we have if i use this field to store fulfilling locations.

Thanks

Shreya

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

No implications will be there if you use this field. I just told one use of this field. In quality we have to assign this field if we need inspection lot on delivery order but we can use this for other purposes too. You can use this for filling location values. Please check the possibility if you can use this or not.

Thank$

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

Yes, We have used this field for many times for different type of enhancements. Like, Key combination for some price condition types. Key combination get the zero tax for batch expiry on return scenario.

BTW, If you don't mind can you please explain me how its integrates to Ispection lot and what are the configurations we have to do for this.

Pardon me, if i am asking you a basic question.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sai

You can see the configuration in SPRO > Quality Management > Quality Inspection > Inspection Lot Creation > Inspection at Shipping

BTW it is BASIC Query because you can find this very easily on Google by hitting Inspection in Delivery Order in SAP

Thank$

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

Are you trying to fill a field directly in billing document? Are these locations fix I.e. do you have a list of location which you can maintain in drop down list and user selects the location from a pre defined list?

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

We don't create billing documents manually, they auto generate thu IDOC.  Every night we will get a transaction log from the store/websites and we feed them to ERP thru POSDM Via IDOC.

We are planning to map the fulfiliing location from the transaction log that we receive in billing document

Please let me know if you need any furthur details

Thanks

Smitha

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

POSDM and articles are for IS Retail

is your billing document is created for any IS Retail Transaction in R/3 ?

you have to check with IS-Retail team on how these values will be updated through in IDOC to R/3

have you defined already any custom field in R/3 to map IS-Retail fields ?

IDOC mapping should be check as well

regards,

santosh

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

Why don't you use Text for this purpose. You can save location or any other information transferred through IDoc to ERP. If the locations are predefined then you can use usage field as well as mentioned by Sai.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

We are on IS Retail, billing documents are being created thru IDOC's, currently we don't have any custom fields defined.

Thanks

Smitha