cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error importing configuration objects to directory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I exported all the objects in my legacy Business System in order to transport them to the prod XI.

When I try to import I get the following message:

"Business system ABCD_BS is not assigned a business system in group PROD"

I tried playing with the groups but it doesn't help. any ideas?

Thanks

Yoni

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You must create a new business system for Production. Following are steps

1. Logon to SLD. (Depend how you maintain your SLDs in Landscape. if it is central then no need to perform export & import, If it is local then you have to create business systems in DEV box & perform export & import to QA, PROD etc.)

2. Click on business system. create new business system (You can use same technical system)

3 . IS must be production for new business system.

4. Perform SLD export & import to production.

5. Now you export the ID Stuff & import to Production.

Good Luck

Rakesh

Message was edited by:

rakesh Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think I was not understood. I am trying to do a file export from the integration builder dev directory that includes all the communication channels (I am interested in all the file adapters that I created there) of my legacy systems. Then I copy the file to the prod and try to import it from the prod integration builder. This is when I get the message.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Yoni

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yoni,

1. Are you planning on using the same Business System Names for the Prodcution objects also?

If yes, then for all the Business Systems go to the SLD and change the <b>Related Integration Server</b> to point to the Production Integration Server and then import the objects.

If you are planning to rename the Business Systems then you will have to Create Transport Targets in your SLD. For every Dev Business System , you will have an option called Transport and assign it to the Target business System

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yoni,

in your dev system, you should have a group Prod which will be related to yur Productin system integration server..........

so the comm channels which you wnat to export, just make sue that the BS in which they are that BS should be in Prod group in dev system.....then you do export and finally import it in your XI prod system.

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

you two options either to change the 1)Business System Intergation server in XI dev in SLD to pint it to Intergation server in XI PROD or

2)create a new Business System for Prod in SLD of DEV and point it to Intergation server in XI PROD.

I would suggest go for 2 option because when run tthe scenario again in DEV again you need the business system intergation server.

Regards

Sreeram.G.Reddy

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yoni,

plz refer to this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ef/a21e3e0987760be10000000a114084/content.htm

/people/sap.india5/blog/2005/11/03/xi-software-logistics-1-sld-preparation

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yoni,

first export the technical systems and then the Business systems.

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta