cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMSY/LMDB question - domain controller

bernie_krause
Participant
0 Kudos

General question about the Transport Domain field in SMSY and where it exists in LMDB.  We had a situation where we couldn't get a system in a transport domain to recognize its domain controller and were going in circles deleting and recreating the domain and domain links until one team member had the brilliant thought to check the field Transport Domain on the header tab for that system in SMSY.  This is a SM7.1, sp07 installation, so by now we're used to looking in LMDB, who the heck would look in SMSY, right? 

Well, it turns out that SMSY was showing that system as its own Transport Domain, even though it was in TMS under a different domain.  We figured out that "read system data remote" refreshed that field. 

So then we figured, hey, this thing must exist in LMDB somewhere, right, since SMSY isn't editable any more??  Well, either we're wrong or ew just couldn't find it.

Anyone have any idea where this field would exist in LMDB, or why SMSY would have to wrong value and where it was getting it from?

Curious.

Thanks.
Bernie

ps:

If anyone gets the dreaded "no domain controller for system" or "message 2q029 doesn't exist/TMS_DLS_DOMLINK*" errors, check the Transport Domain field in smsy first before tearing any more hair out.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernie,

Did you check the entry in your SLD?

Maybe the data is incorrect there....

Regards,

David

bernie_krause
Participant
0 Kudos

Oh, boy, David, you may have just pointed us in the right direction.  Since we had finished cleaning up that system there was no good way to figure out what the SLD had been pointing at, but I started going through other systems in SLD and found one that had an incorrect Domain (pointing at itself instead of the correct Domain Controller).  Also noticed that SLD hadn't updated for that system in 6 months, so checked in RZ70 and found that it was pointing at a completely wrong SLD.  Once I corrected it in RZ70 and pushed the update, SLD also reflected the correct information.

So - it may have been that the system was copied from another and some of the post copy/refresh steps simply hadn't been completed properly.

Thanks for the hint - rightly or wrongly it pointed out some errors.

(I'd still like to know if that info exists in LMDB tho..  lol)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In smsy normally collects the system information like ( Client, server, database) from TMS or from SLD, hence TMS entry was there in SMSY. we need such field.

Whereas in LMDB , the data from TMS is optional, might not exactly require the field. Moreover LMDB is highly integrated with SLD, we can get the needed information from SLD.

refer here to understand ways of SLD integration with LMDB.

And still we have option in LMDB to get the information from TSM, refer this and adjust the batch job,

Regards,

Jansi

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bernie

Yes, this is synchronized from the SLD content into LMDB. You can find the entry when you start up LMDB --> technical system --> navigate to the SID of your choice --> stand on <SID> on <host> in the Navigation Tree in LMDB

On the right pane, click on the button "details"

In the tabs, choose the Properties tab

Attribute name "tmsdomain" will reflect the TMS domain.

You could edit the attribute value in "edit" mode ~go into edit mode in the initial "Technical System" - system overview screen.

I would advise to ensure the SLD data push works properly and runs when needed so it automatically synchronizes the data into LMDB though.

Best regards

Tom

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bernie_krause
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks, Jansi and Tom, great info.  I did find the info in LMDB.  Interestingly enough, it's wrong.  SLD has the correct value since I fixed RZ70 in that system, but LMDB has not picked up that change even though it shows the same update time as SLD (within minutes later).

However when I manually forced a resynch from SLD, the change showed up.  Is this normal behaviour??

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bernie

That doesn't really sound like normal behaviour. I'll discuss this with SAP. Interesting to know, thanks for letting us know.

Best regards

Tom