cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing Mii Global Variables in JavaScript

dan_kellackey
Explorer
0 Kudos

In our Mii enviroment, workbench Global variables are used for things like location, language, email addresses, ect.  Some make sense, others better handled as Custom Attributes.  I would like to access the Global variables from javascript, but only see examples of how to access Session variables.  For example, we have a report server variable that I need to pass into a call for outputting an SSRS report.  How best to do this?

I ended up creating an Mii transaction with an xac placed in my irpt.  In javascript, I pass in a global variable as a parameter name and get out it's associated value from the Global variables.  Works fine, but internal to the transaction, I have to hard-code each value of switch statement to a different global variable.  I tried to do a repeater to loop through the Globals collection, but get an error "[ERROR] Uncaught exception from Repeater_0, Unable to find variable of keyword: Globals".  I assumed I could traverse the global variable list with Globals{/Rowsets/Rowset/Row}, but obviously not.  The intent was to make the transaction dynamic so that any new Mii globals variables that were created would automatically be picked up without hard-coding them in the transaction.

Anyone have other suggestions on how to easily access Mii workbench global variables in javascript?  Maybe I am missing some basic concept.  Perhaps best to migrate the variables to Session variables or tie to roles.

Thank you,

Dan Kellackey

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

dan_kellackey
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you for the prompt reply.  I created an Mii XML query of the web address, simple transaction to match input to global names once I had the global list.  Works just as required. 

Might be a way to read XML from javascipt, but transaction working now, so just something for later.

Thinking there may be other Classes besides Class=Globals; again, something for later investigation.

BR,

Dan Kellackey, Agrana US