Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order fields as inspection results

steve_yates2
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

First ever question, thanks in advance for any help.

I have a scenario where an inspection is created from sales order > delivery > inspection.  In results recording I would like to automatically record certain MIC results values based on fields in the sales order.  For example I would like to determine a specific partner involved in the sales order.  I have been looking at potentially using calculated characteristics but the documentation I can find seems to imply this can only be used to take inputs from other MIC results rather than write a function to read sales tables.

Has anyone had similar experience and been able to achieve this?

Regards

Steve

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are right,this functionality can be achieved through calculated characteristics.

In the characteristic formula instead of giving the formula you should refer to a function module which

is represented by D0-Function Module Test.In the customization against D0 you can assign a custom

made function module to populate the required values from Sales order.

CSN

steve_yates2
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for this, this is encouraging news.  I haven't got this to work just yet but will keep trying.

I'm assuming the calculated characteristic function will only update the MIC result and not the short text?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you are right,this will useful in updating the MIC result.I am not sure about the short text.

CSN

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member214626
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steve ,

I think this we can achieve by controlling the field under inspection setup of material master . In this case characterstics mentioned in your SO will be automatically copied to RR as MIC . So you cna record results against it . Also you have to create classes to achieve this .

I am not sure about the complete process but yes we can import characterstics from SO to RR screen automatically .

Regards

steve_yates2
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi SAP PM,

This also sounds a useful solution.  I've got to be honest I can't find any details on how I would do this.  Do you have any more detail?

Thanks in advance

Steve

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Steve, I doubt whether calculated characteristics can be helpful here! I have a small query. As you said you want some of the sales order fields to be populated in inspection lot. But how these fields e.g. a partner number can be an inspection parameter and how the actual results would be recorded against this? This can not be a quantitative parameter nor qualitative. How system would evaluate whether the partner number is within tolerance limit of MIC or not. Correct me if I am mistaken somewhere!

Using some exit, you can definately fetch such fields and can update standard QALS table which is meant for inspection lot data. You can think of fetching partner number from sales order and update in short text of inspection lot at the time of lot creation. But this would be for informative purpose.

Regards, Anand Rao

steve_yates2
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Thanks for your reply, we currently capture the partner data as a quantative characteristic as the value is always numeric.

We do also update the short text at recording.  Very interested in the user exit you mention, I'm assuming this could be called on saving the inspection and be used to fill any MIC's.  Do you have the name or reference of the exit?

Thanks

Steve