Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event Scheduling

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have two job which need to run in a sequence. In my case, these are Update jobs for ERP and BW systems to bring the new Technical roles into IdM. I need to ensure that these two jobs run in a sequence. First the ERP job followed by the BW job. I noticed the option of "Event Scheduling". While reading the help, I also noticed that if a repository is defined on the Job, this feature cannot be used.

Any suggestion ?

Thanks

Murali

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure how this works with repositories set, but there's a function for starting a job, see helpfile: uRunJobNow(), that you can try to run in the last pass of the first job.

So as pseudocode it would look something like this (jobname needs to be modified):

funtion scheduleNextJob {

RepId = uGetRepositoryID();

RepName = uGetRepositoryName(RepId);

q = "select JobId from mc_jobs where name like 'Initial load ["+RepName+"]' and Repository = "+RepName+"'";

jobid = uSelect(q);

res = uRunJobNow(jobid);

}

I havent verified if this works or if the script compiles though.

Br,

Chris

(edited misplaced copy/paste)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

If you don't want to copy the pass-s in one job, you can call the secont job after the first pass is executed. You just need a  To Generic  pass in the first job, that will call the second job by jobID, you need to set as a parameter the JobID in To Generic pass and use a script with function:

(uRunJobNow(JobID)) to call the second Job.

Kind Regards,

Simona Lincheva

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Chris/Simona.

mohdshadab_shaikh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Event scheduling is very difficult between two systems. You can take the example of BW data loading job from ERP source system. The BW job creates an ERP job which triggers the data load. Check its parameter and you might find something useful.

mohdshadab_shaikh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

With the help of an ABAPer you can debug the parameters.

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Murali,

If this is setup as a job as opposed to a task, why not Just copy the passes together into one job.  This is probably the most dependable way of doing it.

Matt

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, I think that the only option I have. If it was a tasks, I could have used the Ordered/Unordered Task groups. I shall try copying all the passes together.

Cheers,

Murali