Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design option of moving RFC lookups in PI to BRM

former_member192892
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We considering to use BRM in place of existing ABAP RFC lookups for a single stack upgrade project. The table data is huge and contains more than 5lakh plus records. As a use case, is it feasible to use BRM in such a scenario or is it better to have java dictionary tables created and web services developed to do the job of lookups. The option of moving the lookups to another abap stack is completely ruled out.

I was thinking on the lines that BRM has a rules engine extra component, so will it be a hindrance?

Regards

Varun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is your RFC lookup calling the ABAP stach of your PI? In that case I recommend to use the value mapping functinality of PI. You can download your ABAP table into a file, then fill the value maping from this file. Check out for blogs which describe a mass upload of value mapping entries.

former_member192892
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Stefan,

Good to hear from you. I wanted to know if it is Ok to handle such a huge number of data in PI runtime cache. Also since the lookups are not straight one to one, there is some bacground logic also to extract the data via lookup.

Regards

Varun

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>The option of moving the lookups to another abap stack is completely ruled out.

you can also put those records in PI's DB and use JDBC lookup

then you can update records with any DB query tool - just an anternative, 

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk