cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Glossary terms and physical model table column dependencies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know how to tie a Glossary Term to an existing object in a physical model?  It seems that if the object comes first (by clicking the model property to verify against the glossary after the model exists), you are out of luck in getting PowerDesigner to create the dependency to the glossary.  Is this the behavior others are seeing?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

GeorgeMcGeachie
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jonathan, for small volumes, you can create links to the glossary by manually re-typing the name of an object. This isn't viable for larger volumes, obviously.

I'm doing a few experiments with the Excel Import, attempting to import into the collection "RelatedNameTerms". No luck yet - I'm sure it can be done.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to make mass connections to the glossary by using the Naming Convention functionality.  As long as I touched every "name" field (i.e. set to lowercase for example) then the tool would reassess the Glossary and establish the dependency.  From what I can tell, all new items will work as expected in the models.

I hope they fix this issue or add a button to "re-evaluate" glossary dependence for existing objects since you do have the ability to turn on or off the functionality of tying a model to the glossary.

GeorgeMcGeachie
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nice bit of lateral thinking, Jonathan. I've done a quick experiment, and found that applying the name to code conversion to all objects also does the trick, sometimes.

I like the idea of a 're-evaluate glossary' button (which should be an option when you first enable the glossary in a model). Have you requested it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, I haven't requested it... not sure how to do that.

GeorgeMcGeachie
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The Sybase mechanism for recording bugs and enhancement requests is called 'Case Express' - I don't think it's been replaced yet. See http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do.

You'll need a 'My Sybase' login to access it - perha[ps your procurement department can help you there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok... I entered an enhancement request.  Thanks for the feedback.

Answers (0)