Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Check on Free of charge items

former_member211526
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have some questions on credit check customization for free of charge orders.

1. Once credit limit is crossed, even a free of charge delivery gets blocked by the system. Is this standard SAP ? Our system is configured such that Delivery is subject to automatic credit check.

2. The setting on item category " Credit Active" is unchecked on free of charge item category. So I thought that credit check would not take place for this item. But credit check is assigned to LF delivery type hence credit check is taking place. How does the " Credit ACtive"  field work and whats the purpose of it ? Field is TVAP-CMPNT.

Any suggestions or comments in regards to credit check for Free of charge is highly appreciated. Thanks for reading !!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ron,

1. Once credit limit is crossed, even a free of charge delivery gets blocked by the system. Is this standard SAP ? Our system is configured such that Delivery is subject to automatic credit check.

Yes this is standard behavior.

2. The setting on item category "Credit Active" is unchecked on free of charge item category. So I thought that credit check would not take place for this item. But credit check is assigned to LF delivery type hence credit check is taking place. How does the " Credit ACtive"  field work and whats the purpose of it ? Field is TVAP-CMPNT.

This is happening because you've assigned credit limit check for your specific delivery type and its checking up from there. Now coming on Credit Active option in VOV7 it is responsible for the updation of credit values but not on credit check and only reflects the credit update of the SD credit values (open orders, open delivery and open billing documents). System will update FI credit values 'Open receivables only' if this option will be checked for your specific Item category.

In case you want no credit check for a specific order type then execute OVA8 --> High Risk Deliveries, double click on it and under Document Controlling Tab click on No Credit Check. For delivery or sale order routine (choice is yours) exclude your FOC order by applying some logic with the help of your ABAPER and it'll by pass credit check at that time. Do lemme know in case you need more help in this. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ammerah

credit active means only updating fi values only it means it doesnt affect credit blocks

ex if one customer crossed his credit limit 100000 now i am creating one sales order with that item now if i removed the credit active check box system will block or not ?

as per my knowledge system will block even if we removed the check box right ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Geetha,

In case when you haven't define any credit check for your specific Sale Documet type in OVAK and OVA8 but 'Credit Active' option is checked for the specific Item category in VOV7 then the order will update only the Credit values and wont perform any credit check at all. Hope its clear. Thanks.

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Geetha,

This has been discussed many times in the forum and Ammarah has explained in detail again.

Small suggestion: You can try in your Sand Box or IDES and update us back with your results.Hope you will not take me wrong.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

former_member370115
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for you valuable inputs.

Can someone confirm me -

If the credit active check is not checked in the VOV7 but the Credit update group is maintained as 000012 in OVA8, will the credit value be updated in the credit exposure in such case?

Appreciate your answers.

TIA.

- Chins

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

See also Note 18613 - Checklist for Credit Management and check the most suitable point for managing your requirement.

Regards

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the answer to your question is depends; credit check depends on customer risk class and risk category document: if you use a specif sales order type and delivery type to handle free orders you can actually skip this check.

Regards

former_member211526
Participant
0 Kudos

I found the answer to second Q on OSS Note # 368343.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try adding exception routine in t.code OVA8 ->No credit check field. Develop the routine in VOFM and assign it here.

Regards,

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ron,

The note what you found is explains the usage of Credit Active at Item category. If you really wants to ignore the credit block for FOC orders and deliveries, either you have to develop a routine and assign at OVA8 of no credit check or have a separate document types for FOC order & delivery.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sai ram and others

I have one doubt here ,, i know credit active in vov7 updates values of open orders , apen delivery values , and billing values

ex : in one sales order i have 2 line items with different item category's now if i want to give only one item to customer even he reached credit limit .now i will remove the check mark and i will give raise the sales order then system blocks only one line item and system will give one line item to customer

This is the main purpose of credit active in vov7 but why it wont work in free of goods ?

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The above question from Ron is for FOC. The credit block happens because of various reasons its not only the credit limit exceeds. It may be even because of open items etc.

You will activate credit limit at order level or delivery level. Thats why you have order block or  Del blocks.

Hope its clear to you.

Regards, Sai Krishna.