cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP CRM Groupware integration with Office 365 ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a doubt, is compatible Office 365 with the Groupware of CRM?

Where can find documentation about this?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I recently posted the same question to SAP Support Services (CRM-BTX-GWI), because we're looking for a cloud base solution for both email and back office apps, and they responded with the following:

"I can confirm Server side groupware currently does not support the Mentioned technologies [Office365 or Google Apps], however Development are investigating these for future releases.  With regards a release data on these , this is unfortunately not currently available."

Hopes this helps anyone else looking for answers to the same...

Jose

former_member182421
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing!

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have one query, can we have Lotus Notes and O365 as mail exchange server connected to CRM system.  We have 15k employees for and we can't migrate at one from LN to O365. Currently we are on Server Based Groupware integration (LN).

Request for early reply will be good help.

Regards,

Yogesh

former_member246953
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello

I am a colleague of Hamid Bazi. I'll try to you give our status.

Context:

- We are moving from LN to O365. This is not a BIG BANG. Therefore we will have an intermediate phase where certain employees will be on LN and others already on O365.

- We are running the GWI 50 for LN for the moment on a VM server.

- We succeeded in installing the GWI 70 for O365 on the same VM server.

- We did not succeed to install the GWI 70 for LN and the GWI 70 for O365 on the same VM server. We are still looking this....

- Maybe a stupid remark, but we noticed that the GWI 70 for O365 has better monitoring functionalities and seems more stable (less bugs then the GWI 50 for LN)

Our conclusions till now

- Initially we had the idea to install 1 connector (CRM - Middleware) and 2 proxies (Middleware - Groupware). As such the unique connector would then dispatch the LN messages to the LN proxy and the O365 messages to the O365 proxy.

---> Since at the installation of the GWI middleware one needs to indicate the groupware type (LN or exchange) we do not think that this is possible.

- Having 2 separate VM servers, each running their specific version of the GWI 70 (1 VM server with GWI for LN and 1 VM server with GWI for O365) will also be difficult to achieve.

---> Indeed, the GWI connector reads in a hardcoded queue (ISP_QFILLED) in order to find the DATA QUEUES that need to be polled. Both connectors (the one for LN and the one for O365) will read the same hardcoded ISP_QFILLED queue in order to identify the data queues. As such it would be impossible to make specific ISP_O queues in CRM for the specific groupware. There is in other words to way to discriminate O365 users and LN users ....

- As such, a possible way forward for you and us is to do following:

---> Option 1: Move the LN users to the client based solution. The people moved to O365 would then be passed on to the GWI 70 server based solution. This would be a cumbersome approach. I am sure the business will love this and will be thrilled.

---> Option 2: Use the DESKTOP CONNECTION solution from SAP for either the LN users or the O365 users. There are 2 versions (1 professional edition and 1 enterprise edition). For us this is not a good approach since from an architectural point of view we want to have a server based solution. No additional client software if we can have a choice in the matter.

---> Option 3: Use another solution. We are in contact with MAIHIRO. They have a homemade solution MAICONNECT that seems to be rather nice. This solution does not need an additional server. It does only function for O365. You would then abandon the SAP GWI 70 server based solution. For more information www.maihiro.com/en/home

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

Appreciate your reply and explanation,  I was on vacation and resumed today.

One more query:

Can one CRM server be connected to two different mail servers using one GW or multiple GW server.

There are two employees A-  One configure with LN and other B with O365.  The task, appointments belonging A will be sent to LN and B will be sent to O365.  Correct my understanding in GW box we map the BP with email address.  In CRM BP A  & B will have GW1 Role.

Only condition will be employee A cannot be residing in both mail servers.

If you can share your contact info I would like to call you.

Regards,

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all experts!!!

At 2015, is Office 365 landscape supported Groupware Connector 7.0?

Information from SAP is still very confusing. See below summary

1. In the document “Groupware Connector 7.0 Installation Guide” (version 1.7 released on 23 June 15) Page 8 mentioned “You must install the groupware connector and the Microsoft Exchange Server in the same domain (same domain concept is not applicable in an Office 365 landscape).”

Also in Page 11 (2.4 Groupware Connector Landscape), it mentioned

The following figure shows correct and incorrect approaches to building the groupware connector landscape (not applicable in an Office 365 landscape):

This makes us understand Office 365 landscape is not applicable for Connector 7.0.

2. In the meantime, there are documents from SAP said Office 365 is applicable for Connector 7.0 installation e.g. Note 2083282 or link http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm70/helpdata/en/4c/987f5114825905e10000000a44538d/frameset.htm

Can anybody help confirm or suggest whether we can do outlook integration with Office 365? If so, can you guide for how to do?

Thank you very much!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Theerapong,

Yes, Office 365 can be integrated with SAP. In our company we have implemented that.

Basically, yo have to do the following steps (all of steps are in the customizing guide):

- Create an administrator account in Office 365 server, to use in your Connector Server

- Configure your Connector Server

- Make the configurations in your SAP CRM Server (the sites, the Groupware Role, assign the roles to the users, validate that all users have email)

Best Regards,

Renzo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renzo,

Thanks lot for information . Could you please mind to elaborate more on the steps please what exactly we need to do with these 3 steps.

Thanks

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

can some one tel me if the bidirectional connection between SAp CRM and GWI 7.0 works . and how to configure ? .

Gr

hamid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The new SAP CRM Groupware Connector 7.0 supports Office 365.

Comparison of the Different Groupware Integration Technologies - Server-Based Groupware Integration ...

Regards,

Renzo.

j_r1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Concerning GWI integration and Office 365:

Since Office 365 is a cloud solution you are not able to set up Server Side GW, yet ... SAP is working on that for the moment. So you still will have to go for the Client Side GW.

Downside of Client Side GW is that it is actually installed on you PC/Notebook, so synch has to be done there. Which means in you use mobile device is will not synch. So you might look for a good way of working. E.g. do all appointments in outlook and synch with you PC once in the evening ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Groupware integration works with Microsoft Outlook and Lotus notes (With some limitations).

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

But, exactly for office 365 works?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately I can't check on SAP notes now; by the way SAP released last year components compatible with Office 2010. I'll check better tomorrow if someone won't come up with better reference before         

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am interesting in know about office 365 (in cloud)

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked note

Note 1689421 - Client based Groupware Integration 10.30 - Release info.

and no compatibility with Office 365 is listed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where do you check the list of compatibility?