cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Inspection Point

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have a requirement for creating automatic Inspection Point while recording the results in QE11 or QE51N transaction. This is for In-process Inspection lot(03 Inspection Type).

We are using freely defined Inspection Point (100). I have configured this Function Module: QAPP_CUST_IP_CREATE provided by SAP for creating Inspection Point automatically. But still the Inspection point is not created automatically.

please help me out in this issue.

Thanks,

Shyam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lot of information missing here.

if you have configured QAPP_CUST_IP_CREATE ,then when it is actually trigerring.

Point here is Inspection points(IPs) are created automatically when you have configured same in the "operation overview" say based on container,time ,qty ,shift etc.But these IP's are different in config than that of  "free defined Inspection points".

In short free Inspection point ideally should be used when you manually want to create IPs duing RR.

If you want automatic IPs ,then try to use ,

Inspection related to work shift

Inspection related to container

Generated insp. point; quantity or time

In SPRO of the Inspection Point ,you can explore the different function module,copy them to create new one based on your requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

Thanks for your response.

Please find few details below:

The Function Module: QAPP_CUST_IP_CREATE is triggered when the sample plan is assigned for the inspection lot.

My requirement is the results are not recorded multiple times based on quantity or time. The result will be recorded only once (most of the time).There are cases where they do multiple times in case of some sterility test. Now they are using some custom logic to trigger it automatically.They have custom Tcode for performing that. But they are facing lots of problem with that. Now they want to record results in QE11 transaction and in the Inspection plan they have maintaiend as Freely defined inspection Point. So when we record the results its asking for the Inspection point identifier number which needs to be entered manually. But they dont want to do an manual entry here. Whenever they record the results in QE11 the inspection point has to be automatically created and should allow the user to record the results (without entering inspection point number as it has to be automatically created and assigned).

Thats the reason I was trying to use the above mentioned Function Module. Its triggereing at the time of sample assignment but the problem is inspection point is not getting created and assigned.

Is there any ways of achieving this functionality.Awaiting for your valuable inputs on this.

Appreciate your quick response.

Thanks,

Shyam

Answers (0)