cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Practice for User creation in HANA Database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Keeping in mind about the HANA Database security what thing should be followed to create a user in SAP HANA database which will be specially used for developing an application. Or what best practice should be followed while creating user in SAP HANA Database.

Thank You

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hai_murali_here
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Kavitha,

As far as I have seen, Creating user doesnt have any special steps for application development.

The privileges which you may require to run the application and accessing data would change.

So create a user through HANA Studio(via UI or SQL) and then make use of it to access the right data in your application.

If you are looking for any specific requirement,please revert.

Rgds,Murali

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rama_shankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kavita,

One good practise that applies to any system that also applies to SAP HANA is that you create roles by activity (i.e: developer role should have all developer authorization and admin roles should have all admin auths, etc..)  assign authorizations to roles and then assign roles to users. That way, any new users created in the future will only need these roles assigned to them. i.e: developers will get developer access, admins respective roles...etc..

Hope this helps!

Rama