cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R3trans is not working after Oracle11g Upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have upgraded Oracle 11g on AIX server with NW 7.0 system. The upgrade went successfully. I have two sap servers are running in one physical server.

So I have upgraded oracle client 11.2.0.2 during the post installation steps. Other system is up and running. The upgraded 11g system I am able to connect sqlplus and oracle is well and good. Inface brbackup is working fine.  I shutdown db and listener and trying to start fro SAPR3 it is not working and says that error

ETW000  [    dbsloci.,00000]  *** ERROR => CONNECT failed with sql error '1017'                         52  0.071805

4 ETW000  [     dev trc,00000]     set_ocica() -> SQL error code 1017                                     23  0.071828

4 ETW000  [     dev trc,00000]  -->oci_get_errmsg (con=0, rc=1017)                                        24  0.071852

4 ETW000  [     dev trc,00000]     OCIErrorGet -> SQL error code: 1017                                    58  0.071910

4 ETW000  [     dev trc,00000]     ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied                                                                       

4 ETW000                                                                                                  33  0.071943

4 ETW000  [     dev trc,00000]  Info: 99=DBSL_ERR_DB, oerr=1017, try to connect with default password.

But I cheked the OPS$SID and SAPUSER all are working fine and not able to start R3 from sidadm mode. Kernel is 720 is running and splevel 201.

the same configuration other system I was able to start. Followed the notes also OPS$ password also reset and verified. Do I need to delete and recreate ops$??

400241 - Problems with ops$ or sapr3 connect to Oracle.

1576837 - ORA-01017: invalid username/password

361641 - Creating OPS$ user on Unix

Can anyone help me on this to fix the issue? I have completed all the env varaible changes as per SAP doc guide.

Still I am not able to start R3trans-D and 12 error  and not able to start the system. 

Thanks,

Sankar G

SAP BASIS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check is all users not locked, just execute this query in sqlplus:

select USERNAME, ACCOUNT_STATUS from dba_users;

Or try to change SAPSR3 password

brconnect -u / -c -f chpass

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pavel I did the same and Thanks for all your suggestions.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After oracle upgrade we need to check oracle client is working or not

Please refer SAP note: Note 819829 - Oracle Instant Client Installation and Configuration on Unix

and also please refer note: Update the Oracle Database Instant Client for UNIX as described in SAP Note 1431794.

Check if the SAP DBSL can load the newly installed instant client correctly. Change to the exe directory as user <sapsid>adm and run the ldd command on dboraslib.so:

OS> ldd dboraslib.so

If ldd command working fine then R3trans will work without any issue.

Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankar,

check the lock status by select username, account_status from from dba_users;

If sapsr3 is in lock status use alter user sapsr3 account unlock;

Please check the environment variables as set properly.

if possible change the sapsr3 password from brtools and try.

also check the below threads.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3209017

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1807706

Thanks

Kishore Cherukumalla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankar,

please follow the belos steps and hopefully it should fix your issue. Login in as orasid and execute the below command

brconnect -u system/<password> -f chpass -o <sapowner> -p <password>

Example

brconnect -u system/<system user password> -f chpass -o SAPSR3 -P <SAPSR3 Password>

It will synchorize all the password accordingly.

As well as please make sure that you have implemented the following note

Note 1519872 - SAP Database User Profile SAPUPROF

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vimal I did the same and the issue got resolved. Thrro BR tools I changed the pw and it is working fine.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sankar,

Could you provide details of following command

1) Select username, account_status from dba_users;

2) Environment variables for sidadm user;

3) listener.ora file located in ../network/admin as well as /sapmnt/SID/profile/oracle.

Regards,

Deepak Kori