cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to analyze the memory usage for NetWeaver system (CLM)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am into SAP Basis and new to NetWeaver systems. Recently I came across memory issue, due to memory issue my PRD system got crashed after crash we have restarted complete instance (only Java stack system, single instance with 2 server nodes) and now it is running fine. But I have few questions from business. Reason for crash and analyze the memory usage for 2 weeks.

My questions: how to perform the memory analysis for NetWeaver systems (Basics to advance)? Could you please help me to do the memory analysis

Thanks & Regards

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Praveen,

At the starting point we can

1. set the flight recorder paramater.

jstartup/recorder = java -classpath ../j2ee/cluster/bootstrap/launcher.jar      com.sap.engine.offline.OfflineToolStart com.sap.engine.flightrecorder.core.Collector      ../j2ee/cluster/bootstrap -node %nodeID% %startTime% -bz $(DIR_GLOBAL) u2013exitcode      %exitcode%

Please refer the following link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm32/helpdata/de/56/a945412c98f323e10000000a155106/content.htm

Once you set up the flight reciorder you will be able to get the information about the crash.2.

2.Download Eclipse analyser

http://www.eclipse.org/mat/

Search for *hprof in the follwoing directory  C:\usr\sap\SID\JCXX\j2ee\cluster\

You will get as a result of this hprof files if it is a memory error

You can analyse the dumps using the memory analyser and try to find the root cause analysis.

SAP note 1515139 - will hep you for BI errors.

Have a great day!

Kind Regards,

Jacob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob,

Thank you so much reply.

I have reffered eclipse tool but it is licensed version I can not install it on client system. is there any way to do manul monitoring and find it out every hour memory usage?

Regards

Praveen

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

I have reffered eclipse tool but it is licensed version I can not install it on client system. is there any way to do manul monitoring and find it out every hour memory usage?

The Memory Analyzer Tool can be installed on a workstation or laptop.

You use this tool to analyse memory leaks.

If your requirement is to monitor the system activity then I suggest you to use the Wily Introscope tool.

Cheers

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can install the eclipse tool in your laptop.

(1) Can you try activating the flight recorder?

Kind Regards,

Jacob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob,

As I mentioned I can not do this because it is PRD system without approvals not possible to add any parameters.

Reagrds

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok ..it is easy to get this approved.

Because this is a recommendation from SAP to have this parameter activated as part f solman_setup for satellite systems.

Kind Regards,

Jacob

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

If you need to identify why the system crashed then you need to analyse the trace files from the work directory and also the default traces.

If there are OutOfMemory errors in the trace files then it is obvious that there is lack of memory for the server processes to process the requests.

In the event of a OOM the system will terminate the activity handled by the server process and will throw a heapdump at the OS level (mostly in the serverX directory).

You use the dump file to analyse where the leak was using the MAT tool.

Have you found the answers to my first ?

Good Luck

RB

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

You need to check how much memory is configured on the box.

Check how much memory is assigned to the Java stack. Check in config tool the memory assigned to both server nodes and the dispatcher node.

What database is used here ? Check how much memory is assigned to the DB.

What JRE are you using on the server ?

Find out these details

Cheers

RB