cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STMS - transports get hung on tp import

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There are a number of threads regarding this and I've also looked at OSS note 71353 but so far none have fixed my problem.

When I attempt to import to my new development environment, the transports just hang. There are no entries in TRJOB and TRBAT. I delete the files from stms, kill the tp.exe process from the OS (Windows) but when I add the files back to the import queue and attempt to reimport them, the little truck still appears saying that the import is already running.

I should mention that this new development system was previously the QA system. It is a SAP_ALL client copy of Production. Even when I choose the overwrite originals options for the import of the transport, it still fails.

Any assistance is greatly appreaciated.

Thanks

Conor

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Conor

It some times happen TRUCK shows running without any error, taking much more time than it should take. you first Delete the log entries and delete transport whcih is showing in importing status and import it again,

Cheers,

Shyam

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Connor,

Try to delete this request from STMS.

Delete record with this request from table TMSTLOCKR.

Than add it to the stms queue again and try to import.

Regards,

Marcin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Run stms_import ->> go to delete option or reimport again

Thanks

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Conor O'Brien,

***Check for critical extents & free tablespaces

***Check Database listener status (tp hang symtom)

***Execute R3trans -d, are you able to connect to database?

***Check RFC Connections

***Check the Transport Directory

***Check the Transport Control Program

***Check the Import Queue for Consistency

***Display the tp System Log , Do you notice anything unusual in TP syslog?

***Try with unconditional options.

Probably, you have already checked it. (just incase you have not)

Regards,

Ammey Kesarkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Connor,

You had delete old tp log files. Further you also need to delete any old entires from import monitor inside stms. Make sure all tp processes are killed as well.

Once this done try importing again. If it works out fine. If not then trying importing the request using TP commands at OS level.

If TP import goes successfully then try importing another request to check if it is fine. Also check if any old import job is running.

There are lots of checks and a number of solutions to this issue.

I have faced this issue a dozen times and solved it in atleast 4 or 5 different ways.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Conor

STMS>import overview (F5) or truck -

>click on the SID-->select the reuest and click on log(before lock icon) or cntrl+F4 after this delete the actual request.

Cheers,

Shyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Again

What logs should I be deleting ?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Conor,

I have faced this issue a coupleo f times. During import of the TR, If my connection is lost due to network failure or some other reason, i see that the changes are imported to the next system successfully. But the truck remians.,and i am unable to delete it form the queue nor the logs. As since the changes are imported proeperly, i maintain a document where this event is logged and keep it safely in case it is required some time.

Hope it helps.

Br,

Sri

Award points for helpful answwers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Connor,

Is the job RDDIMPDP running ?

If not then you need to start it.

Please award points for useful answers.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Both above did not work - there is no entry in TRBAT so when I try to manually run this job it fails.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you able to do the transport from OS level using tp?

RSB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is rddimpdp job scheduled on the server?

RSB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could you please go to tcode STMS_IMPORT --> import monitor (F8) --> select the request which you want to delete, and try to again add to buffer. This should work.

Cheers,

-Sunil

award points if you find this helpful