Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Batch Creation During Production Order Confirmation

former_member215620
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

My requirement is to create a new Batch at the time of confirmation of Production order. So each time we have a new Batch in the batch field of confirmation screen. The material is batch managed.

For this i have done the following settings-

1) Activate internal batch number assignment

2) Maintain internal batch number assignment range

3) Creation of new batches-Define batch creation for production order-

a) No automatic batch creation during production order

b) Classification carried in background

4) Order Type dependent parameter have Batch Determination Search Procedure-CO0001 and tick check

5) Production Scheduling Profile-Batch Management-Batch classification-1

6) Extend Classification-Tick

So after doing this all i am going to confirm production order but batch number is not generating automatically.

And also tell what i have to do for raw material batch determination.

Please reply the answer in briefly.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

For auto batch creation 101 while confirmation please go to SPRO--Logistics - General--- Batch Management --- Creation of New Batches --- Define Batch Creation for Goods Movements

for 101 movement define Automatic / manual without check.

Also activate auto goods receipt in production scheduling profile OPKP and assign this scheduling profile to work scheduling view of your FG material masters.

For auto batch determination for Raw materials,

Please refer below documents,

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c09b7216-65da-2b10-bdb5-870cf9916...

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f0caed4a-40f9-2c10-349a-96ec617a8...

On the goods receipt screen of Transaction CO11N, you carry out batch determination by selecting a line and then the pushbutton "Stock Batch Determination GR".

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Saurabh kumar,

Are you trying to determine the batch for raw material and Finished goods?. If so please try maintaining back flush option for raw material and have a control key for your operation where automatic goods receipt option is selected in customizing.

Please follow the below customizing procedures to do the batch determination at the time of confirmation.

1.Define Batch level

2. Activate batch status management

3. Activate the internal batch number assignment

4. Maintain internal batch number assignment range

5. Define inventory management condition tables

6. Define inventory management access sequences

7. Define inventory management strategy types

8. Define inventory management search procedure

9. Define Allocate IM search procedure / Activate check. In this step assign your search procedure against movement type 101(for FG) and 261(for raw material) and select check batch indicator.

10. Define selection class

11. Define sort rules

After doing all these configurations please create batch search strategy through MBC1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Batch creation during confirmation depends whether the GR is happening at confirmation or not (depends on your control key of work center)

If batch creation is activated for movement type 101 then batch will be created at Confirmation (in background actually batch is created when goods movement is posted)

Thanks

Sahil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Saurabh,

Please check following points -

1. Go to T code OMJ5- activate SLED for your plant and mvt type 101.

2. .Go to T code OPJ2- set BD for your plant.

3. Create sort sequence in CU70 and assign your characteristic value to it.

4. Create batch search strategy in MBC1 for access sequence(plt/matrl/mvt typ) create a condition record.

Note: In Order type Dependent parameter assign search procedure related to Inventory Management.

5. Go to T code OMCG- assign particular search procedure for 101 & tick check batch

6. Also check control key if Auto GR is ticked then during confirmation batch will be determined

Thanks & Regards,

Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

During confirmation you cannot get any batch number assignment. 

During Goods reciept of production order i.e 101 movement type you can get batch number field where you can manually enter the batch number of finished item or internal batch number will appear.

If your control key has auto GR then only you will get batch number field to be entered or automatically entered . But that again means during goods reciept of production order batch number is assigned and not during confirmation.

Regards.

former_member215620
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

I am getting a batch creation icon in production order - Goods Receipt tab - so whenever i am pushing it that creates a batch and that batch is assigned to finished material in confirmation tab automatically. But i want that during each confirmation a batch will be created. Is this process is possible or i have to go through quality process.

sjeevan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You never told us if your auto goods receipt is active.

former_member215620
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

It is active in routing operation and production scheduling profile.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear saurabh,

In MM MRP 2 activate batch management and classification view also u can change the  batch class then before releasing the order at the bottom u can click on batch determination icon then release the order u can try it internal batch numbers are assigned for ur production order

Regards,

sreenu

former_member215620
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

I have activated the Batch management and classification views are assigned to material master. I want to create batch at confirmation level. Every time we do a confirmation a new batch should be created.

former_member208123
Active Participant
0 Kudos

MRP2 batch indicator refers to the components of an order, not to the finished product to be manufactured.

Is the batch flag been ticked (refer purchasing view)? The batch can be either plant or client specific.

Does the confirmation create a goods receipt without a batch number, is yes then the material does not have batch management activated.

milind_kulkarni5
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

In Define Production Scheduling Profile (SPRO) , system is allowing us to maintain

1.Auto_ Batch creation @ Order creation

2.Auto_Batch creation @Order release

Pls. revert if it work for u.(I knew U want it @ confirmation)

Regards,

Milind

sjeevan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to have a control key for the last operation which allows auto GR for example PP03 or your scheduling profile (OPKP) needs have auto GR. Also in tcode S_ALR_87006957 you need to activate auto batch creation for movement type 101.

Refer to this thread also
https://scn.sap.com/thread/1937978