Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOST delay in sending the mails

former_member225699
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Am sending  the mails via SOST and it is reaching the receipents inbox successfully.Whenever i try to send any emails via SOST, the mails are reaching the receipents with a delay of 1 hour.Everytime i need to set the wait time manually, is there a feasibility to avoid the  delay in delivery of mail to receipents .?

I have configured the SMTP node  and job runs for every 2 minutes .

Regards

Basis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member225699
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The issue is resolved now.I have changed the time zone to GMT in STZAC in 000 client and other business client.

Then logged out from SAP gui and then logged in and thereafter i could not see the time zone in system--->status

Now mails are reaching the receipients instantly without any delays

@Ranjith Jacob

I did not perform a restart too.

Thanks for all valuable suppport

Regards

Ram

farkathulla_cikkanther
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

You have to change the System Time Zone in STZAC according to your time zone. me too facing this problem on yester day we fix it by changing the System Time Zone. Please find your right time zone and chenge it in STZAC transaction. for example : UTC-5.(Trinidad)(WI).

Regards,

Farkath C

former_member225699
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Farkathulla,

I followed your steps and choosed the CET time zone.I am still facing the time zone difference issue

Is there a way to remove the System time zone ? .... as in my Production clients , i could not see any time zone set properly .

otherwise, let me know  how to sync both system time and time zone ?

Below is the screenshot of STZAC 

Regards

Basis

farkathulla_cikkanther
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

The system time zone is cross client so that if you change in one client will be affect to all. Please find your right time zone according to your area where your server stand. you can find your time zone easyly with the help of google and change in STZAC - sytem time zone CET to yours. if you are in PRODUCTION means please be carefull. I hope it will help you.

Regards,

Farkath C

Ranjith418
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello basis,

Did you restart SAP after maintaining the time zone. Time zone setting is client specific. check

SAP Note: 945114

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Looks like problem with timezone. Refer thread http://scn.sap.com/thread/2062868

Regards,

Deepak Kori

former_member225699
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Hope youare doing great.....Thanks for your inputs too.

I went to Tx STZAC in client 000 and i could observer the sytem time zone and user time zone as CET .

Further, in System----->status , i could not observe the default  time zone set

I have attached 2 screenshots , let me know if changes have to be done in STZAC ?

Regards

Regards

Ram

former_member225699
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Just a small update, there wont be default  time zone set in system---->status for 000 clients, i have logged into other quality systems and i have checked .

Regards

Ram

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is definetely a time zone issue, can you check STZAC on your productive client?, also check your OS timezone

Regards, Juan

Ranjith418
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ram,

We faced the similar issue.

System zone was setup to CET  which is route cause of the problem, while you are creating the notification it is considering EST timings(must be specified in user profile) but while sending it is considering system time zone( i.e CET).

Thanks,
Ranjith

former_member225699
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

As specificed by you, i logged in Production system, i could see the Logon time & system time equal , but there is no time zone.

Now am sending mails in Developement system, i could see the system time and time zone (CET) with a 1hour difference.This could be possible problem for my delay in mails in SOST transaction

Further, i cross checked OS Time and application time and they are equal too

Let me know how to resolve this issue in development system so that when i  trigger the emails  generated by function consultants or other basis consultant  it should trigger the job  immediately  in SOST transaction

Regards

Basis

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Now am sending mails in Developement system, i could see the system time and time zone (CET) with a 1hour difference.This could be possible problem for my delay in mails in SOST transaction

Well you simply need to make the time zone and system time even. Check that the OS time is set correctly first

Regards, Juan

former_member225699
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Checked the OS time and time in SAP  application, they are in sync.Below is the screen shot of system--->status times

Let me know how to make the time zone and system time equally ?...should i bounce the server...

Regards

basis

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well the question is are you in time zone CET??... if you are then your system time is wrong... if you are not in CET then you need to change STZAC to the right time zone.

Be carefull that if the change in timezone is sending you an hour back you might cause inconsistencies in the system (time wise). So if you are changing the time backwards my recomendation will be to do it when theres no activity on the system

Regards, Juan

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to check the frequency of SCOT job . you can check it in sm37  serach the SCOT job and check the job details.You can correct the job frequency if requird.

Best Regards,

Atul

former_member225699
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Atul ,

Thanks for your input.

Job frequency is running for every 2 minutes successfully.

Regards

Ram