cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where could I configure the time that the messages keeps alive in a queue?

josantonio_roldnluna
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts.

In my scenario when a sync Soap message fails, it doesn't expire in the queue and is continously trying to resend. Then I have to cancel the message each time it fails.

Where could I configure the time that the messages keeps alive in a queue?

Thanks in advance and regards.

José Antonio Roldán.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

actually synchronous message are not queued. I think something is special here. Can you describe your scenario? Do you use BPM?

/Udo

josantonio_roldnluna
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mr Martens,

Yes I can, It is a sync/asinc-bridge BPM. One of the step is a soap send syncronous call. The message goes to a outbound queue (XBTO). Is here where the message is trying to resend. I know that target server is down due to it use to be overloaded. Therefore, I have to stop de BPM on swwl and remove the message from the queue. So I'm wondering, what's the best way to solve it?

@SAP Tech your answer have been very useful. Thanks

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

build a block around your send step (or around your process) or make use of an existing block. Define an exception for the block. Catch the exception in the synchronous send steop (to soap service). Define an exception brunch and react there. For example with an alert (control step), just stopping the process (control) or an error response to close the bridge or what ever makes sense.

And after catching the exception - a little miracle - nothing stucks anymore

/Udo

josantonio_roldnluna
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, It is what I'm going to do. But I have just started my holidays!  *(Easter -> Semana Santa) xD

Really thanks to all mates. I proceed to close the post and have a nice wknd.

Regards,

Jose.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

as Udo says, it's quite weird since asynchronous messages are the ones that could be restarted when something fails. Synchronous messages are not queued, and cannot be restarted, so what's exactly your case?

cheers,

Edu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I understand correctly , you dont want retry for your failed synch message...

for that -- go to comm. channel monitoring from RWB, select the channel --> select the "Settings" tab and maintain  "Delivery attempts for mesages" with retry interval...