Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use the CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES class in background jobs

former_member577909
Participant
0 Kudos

can i use the class CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES and its methods for the background job purposes...

Thankyou

Bhaskar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No. Since these services related to GUI. So you can't use background jobs. If you want to do use file related statements (open dataset, write dataset, close dataset).

Regards

Bhupal Reddy

10 REPLIES 10

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No.

The class methods in turn uuse the same function modules.

Communication with the presentation server in the background mode is not suppoted here also.

Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Thankyou, But to access files present at Front End [ presentation Server ] in the background, what are all the possible ways to do ...... plz tell

Best Wishes,

Bhaskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Bhaskar,

I guess you cannot use them for background jobs ..

Regards,

Santosh

0 Kudos

There is no meaning of using this FM in background job. So u cant this.

0 Kudos

Thankyou, But to access files present at Front End [ presentation Server ] in the background, what are all the possible ways to do ...... plz tell

Best Wishes,

Bhaskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, You shouldn't use the FM which is used for foreground process (presentation server interacted items).

Regards

Bhupal Reddy

0 Kudos

Best Wishes,

Bhaskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

normaly it doesn't work in background,

But there is one solution shown by Srilatha Thirukkovalluri.

Here the link:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/9831750a-0801-0010-1d9e-f8c...

Hope it helps.

Regards, Dieter

0 Kudos

[ I have checked the given link..but unable to connect....i dono the problem...]

Best Wishes,

Bhaskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No. Since these services related to GUI. So you can't use background jobs. If you want to do use file related statements (open dataset, write dataset, close dataset).

Regards

Bhupal Reddy