SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to control the Trace behavior in FMDerive

mohsinabbasi007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I turned the trace on in “FMDERIVE” so that I could see what system is actually deriving based on the derivation rules when I post a document in “FB50”. Now when I post an entry through “FB50” it shows trace of what system is deriving for the line items based on the source & target field defined in the rule in “FMDERIVE”. That’s good but when I try to save the document it shows the trace again on every next step system goes through for saving the document which is really annoying. What I want from the system is to show the message just for the line items and not on every enter I press.

Please help me out on the issue.

Best Regards

Mohsin Abbasi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The trace in FMDERIVE follows the normal algorythm of posting, i.e. first a BAPI for checking the document is called and then the function to eventually post it. That means that several checks, when activating the trace, are inevitable. However; I don't see why it should bother you: the trace you activate is only to check if the rules are working properly. So, it's a one-time job, which could not become too annoying even if you have to go through the same check twice.

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The trace in FMDERIVE follows the normal algorythm of posting, i.e. first a BAPI for checking the document is called and then the function to eventually post it. That means that several checks, when activating the trace, are inevitable. However; I don't see why it should bother you: the trace you activate is only to check if the rules are working properly. So, it's a one-time job, which could not become too annoying even if you have to go through the same check twice.

Regards,

Eli