Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making Tax mandatory in Billing Document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Following is the current business scenario:

After sales order is created, if any user changes the tax classification, then in absence of condition record, there is no tax in billing document.

Pls. let me know how to make the tax mandatory in billing document.

Is it possible thru standard config or thru some user exit?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If I am correct, for tax condition type, tax code is set as mandatory in condition record in which case, if tax code is not flowing to your billing document, then system will pop up Account Determination Error.   Update here, if this is not happening in your case.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

What if the changed tax classification(by user in the document) has maintianed as Zero value in the tax records. In this case, system will pick up the zero value correct?

This may lead to wrong tax values in Billing.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Only to a certain extent, you can put control in SAP and it is purely users' discipline to execute the transactions in the recommended way or the way by which they have been trained.  There is no solution for lot of "IFs and BUTs".  You can raise en number of such queries like

• what will happen if users changed the validity date to past date in the condition record
  • what will happen if users changed manually the value

and SAP can't help for such user's ignorance.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

See if program RV60AFZC /  USEREXIT_FILL_VBRK_VBRP can be used to check the  VBRP-TAXM1, etc and  VBRK-TAXK1, etc.

Regards

Waza

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

I completely agree with you. But the question from the Rohan is because of such type of issues popping-up from the client. So, by keeping this in mind I just asked you.

Now, In many clients, the person who is creating sales orders will not have authorization for VK11 and VK12 (At least in my experience). If they have also, they are at very high designation.

So, in order to avoid mistakes done by the order entry person, the client may demand such type of controls.

Hope i didn't say anything wrong here.

Regards, Sai krishna.

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

One way of doing this is through copy control

In copy control from Delivery to Billing, VTFL

Put the Pricing type as D, which means the Tax will be copied from the sales order even if the tax classification is changed

Hope it is useful

regards,

santosh

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you maintain the Tax condition as mandatory condition (Required condition) in your pricing procedure?

Regards, Sai Krishna.

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check below thread which will help you make that field as non modifiable.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1652435

Regards, Sai Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We cannot make tax condition type mandatory in pricing procedure since there are 2 types of taxes involved (CST & LST) and at any point of time any one of them is applicable.

Also, there are no incompletion procedures for billing document thru which we can put a check.

Regards

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan,

Have you checked below option?

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1652435

Regards, Sai Krishna.

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rohan,

Normally in Pricing Procedures we have both Taxes i.e. CST & LST (VAT). Also both there conditions are marked a Mandatory in Pricing Procedure, so that document (Sales Order or Invoice) is not saved without when either one of the conditions is not present.

Now we maintain 0% condition records for CST (intra-state sales) & 0% condition records for LST (inter-state sales).

Now when CST is applicable, LST is 0%, similarly when LST is applicable CST is 0%, thus if Tax classification boxes are changed & if any of the Condition (CST or LST condition record) is not determined, system will not save the document.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you make both condition types mandatory in pricing procedure, then sales order shall not get processed if either of them is not there.

Pls. try.

Regards

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan,

What I understand from Jignesh is:

Say for e.g. you have access sequence combination like below:

Plant or Shipping point region/Ship to Party region/Tax classification for cust/Tax classification for material.

Say for VAT applicable case :

Now for VAT condition type : At VK11 - 10/10/1/1 = 5%

Now for CST condition type: At VK11 - 10/10/1/1 = 0%

Say for CST applicable case:

for CST condition type VK11 : 10/20/1/1/ = 3%

VAT condition type VK11: 10/20/1/1 = 0%

Try this, it will work.

@Jignesh : Hope my understanding is correct here.

Regards, Sai Krishna.