cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning - creating one Freight order each for one Freight unit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a scenario where we want to create one freight order for each freight unit from automatic planning.

Please guide me if the above scenario can be executed.

Regards,

Renuka

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

s_sauer
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

do you actually need a Freight Unit at all or would it also be possible to create a Freight Order directly out of the FWO or OTR/DTR, without having a Freight Unit document at all?

In this case, the only thing the optimizer has to do is to find a resource that could serve the Freight Order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can think of a few ways to do this. First, have a look at the direct shipment functionality which basically assigns a FU directly to a carrier without any consolidation.

Another option is to generate all your FU's with a quantity field, such as pieces ,2 containing a value of 1. Then have a capacity constraint on your resources of 1 to match.

Depending on how your FU's are built, you could populate this field post FU generation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

3rd option which is kind of cool - if you set up an incompatability between this freight unit type and any other freight unit (including itself) then it will only be able to build one FU per Freight Order.

Note that I would expect this to be more processor intensive during optimisation than the capacity constraint option, but a more flexible overall.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the weight of your Freight Units are relatively static, that is to say each FU is created with the same or similar weight, you can create a vehicle resource that has a capacity that will only accomodate one freight unit at a time.  By creating a Vehicle Resource with a maximum capacity just above your expected weight per FU, you can have the optimizer create a new FO for each planned FU or FU Stage.