Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit limit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Good Morning to all.

I have a requirement where the user wants an error message at the time of Billing SAVE if the credit exposure is exceeded for the customer with all the details in the message like, his credit limit and by what amount it is exceeded. is there any user exit for this. Kindly guide me with this.

Best Regards,

AK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Credit limit check is set up at sales order & delivery level, the logic being no more sales/goods delivery to customers who have used up their credit limit. What is the use of credit limit check if you go on raising sales orders and delivering goods with warning messages at billing level?

For Credit limit check for sales & deliveries, set automatic credit control for sales document types in IMG-->Basic Functions-->Credit Management. Maintain controls in OVA8, OVAK and Credit limits for each customer in FD32

Karuna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karuna,

I will tell you what the scene is. We have done some changes in credit control through enhancement at the sales order level. The credit block is set at the sales order level with some additional changes. These changes are still not moved to the production.

There are already many pending sales orders in the system. so these pending sales orders could be delivered and invoiced without the check for credit exposure of the customers. So for this reason the user wants to have a check at the time of billing and if the limit exceeds then it should not allow the invoice to be saved.

Please throw some light on this.

Thanks & Regards

AK

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Till the time the Sales Order credit Management is moved to Production server, you can activate Credit Management in Delivery / PGI level so that the when existing Open Orders in Production server are delivered Credit check is done & Delivery / PGI is blocked for Customers whose Credit Limit is exceeded.

Subsequently when you move the Sales Order credit Management to Production server, remove the Delivery / PGI level credit check,

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh,

Do you mean to say that we can have credit limit directly at Delivery and PGI level without having at Sales order level? If so, is this applicable for the Deliveries with without reference to order?

Sorry, if this is a basic question, but, as far as I know, we can't have credit check for W/O reference deliveries. If this is true then Delivery level activation also void correct?

Regards, Sai Krishna.

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi AK,

Can we try this way,

Have the max. document value at OVA8. If customer exceeds that limit it will go for a block. As soon as you move the sales order level enhancement or even before moving you can change back the max.order value.

Note: You may have to compromise on one value (You can't have different credit values for different customers. Try to explain this to your customer (Need less to say, first test this from your end before going for discussions)

I guess, after doing this, you may need to run the credit management report : RFDKLI20

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/93/743861546011d1a7020000e829fd11/content.htm

@ Experts: May be my approach is totally wrong, please correct it.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

You can set credit limit at delivery level & block post goods issue as required. As mentioned earlier, maintain settings in OVA8. (First create a credit group for deliveries in OVA6 if not already there). Deliveries will be with reference to your pending sales orders.

Karuna

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its not possible with standard way,

But you can below threads.

http://scn.sap.com/message/13833257#13833257

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2007853

Regards, Sai Krishna.

Rushikesh_Yeole
Contributor
0 Kudos

have you checked credit check routines in VOFM? for partilcura item category, you can activate credit check.

FM SD_ORDER_CREDIT_CHECK Include MV45AFZZ user exit

userexit_save_document_prepare

You can use above data