cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plants for Indirect Purchases

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I would like some inputs on relevance of Plant in Indirect purchases performed in SRM. We have several offices across globe that only do indirect procurement without any material number (free text based), some do purchases using external vendor catalog. With that in mind, I need some understanding whether to have separate plant (where physical address is different) or to have may be one plant for combination of different locations. In SRM we define ship to address separately than plant, so I can probably define multiple ship to address and attach them to relevant user keeping multiple locations under one plant (as long as they are in same legal entity). Let me know what else plant will drive in SRM or ECC. We are using Classic model.

Thanks

SK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

As you mentioned you are in Classic Scenario then how is your Plant / location set up for your global locations? It is always advisable to follow the same relationship as you have defined in MM system...In MM system you have Plant associated with Company codes and if you have different company codes for different global location then for SRM perspective also you have to make same settings.

When you create Shopping cart you have to specify default company codes, Plant, storage location to user attribute so now if you are looking to have one plant and multiple storage location for global offices then you have to make necessary adjustment / settings in your ECC landscape to have company code / plant logical connection.

Hope this helps.

Thank you

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ritesh. Let me provide more information. In ECC the plants for Indirect Purchase location have not been set up. For e.g. in US we have 20 offices in different cities. Since we will not be inventorying any indirect purchase item, does it make sense to just create one plant. In SRM I will have just one plant and still define different ship to address separately to assign in the user attribute. The question is what other functionality is derived based on plant in SRM? Also is defining storage location mandatory for SRM?

Appreciate the inputs

SK

Answers (0)