cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI : TCP-IP Adaptor : NW7.31 (Single Stack) : File to IDoc Scenario (& Vice Versa)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there.

I was disappointed to see that SAP PI does not cater for File transfer to SAP PI (and vice versa) via a PI TCP-IP port.

I see a few links describing potentially developing a custom adapter to handle this.

Rather than re-invent the whole wheel (as I am not a Java Developer at all), I was hoping that someone out there has already implemented this and would be grateful to them if they have this documented this and can(are willing) to share the steps and code required.

I have a requirement for a file to be FTP'd and subsequently transformed to an IDoc format in PI and vice-versa. So my conundrum is getting the file into/out-of SAP PI via TCP.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Mick.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>I was disappointed to see that SAP PI does not cater for File transfer to SAP PI (and vice versa) via a PI TCP-IP port.

TCP/IP is network protocol. FTP is the application layer protocol.  PI supports file adapter for FTP.

Please search scn for file to idoc scenario. Since you use 7.31 look for idoc adapter that works in the java stack.  File sender adapter in the ftp mode is simple requirement. You basically configure the NFS to share PI server with file system for files.  Take help from BASIS. Use file sender and idoc receiver.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Apologies - I got mixed up - My requirement should have read
:

I have a requirement for a file to be TCP'd and subsequently transformed to an IDoc format in PI and vice-versa. So my conundrum is getting the file into/out-of SAP PI via TCP.

The TCP requirement is driven fomr a legacy system that the client will not change / amend to support anything else, so thus the requirement for TCP-> PI - > IDoc and vice-versa..

Sorry... I would appreciate any tips anyone may have..

Answers (0)