cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCO_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Group PUBLIC not found

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

While setting up the ABAP-read help values job, we came across this error message preventing of from proceeding:

sap.conn.jco.JCoException:
(102) JCO_ERROR_COMMUNICATION:
Connect to message server host failed

Connection parameters:
TYPE=B DEST=R3D100
MSHOST=XXXXXX22211
GROUP=PUBLIC
R3NAME=R3D
PCS=1

CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host XXXXXX22211 with Unicode

ERROR       Group PUBLIC not found

As I wasn't able to find any discussion on this error on the forum (this might have changed now) I broadened my search to google and found the following link:

http://www.stechno.net/sap-notes.html?view=sapnote&id=1155884

Further done the page I found the answer I was looking for in:

JCoException: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to message server host failed

Connection parameters: TYPE= ... GROUP=<group> ...

LOCATION    CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host with Unicode

ERROR       Group <group> not found ... 

Use transaction SMLG in the specified communication system to determine the logon groups that exist there or to create the required logon group there

After connecting to my ABAP system I managed the logon group via transaction SMLG and the error was solved.

Just wanted to share with others who might experience a similiar error.

Cheers, Paul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Always good to share solutions to errors. What was unexpected was the in DEV systems we don't always create logon groups, but this is an easy fix now.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member795680
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I am facing below issue when I am trying to connect SAP using JCO3 on Linux machine.

Problem in JCO connection..com.sap.conn.jco.JCoException: (102) JCO_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Initialization of destination mySAPSystem failed: Connect to SAP gateway failed

connection parameters: TYPE=A DESTINATION=mySAPSystem ASHOST=10.79.16.13 SYSNR=00 PCS=1

LOCATION CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host with Unicode

ERROR partner '10.79.16.13:3300' not reached

TIME Wed Nov 23 17:56:55 2022

RELEASE 753

COMPONENT NI (network interface)

VERSION 40

RC -10

MODULE /bas/753_REL/src/base/ni/nixxi.cpp

LINE 3454

DETAIL NiPConnect2: 10.79.16.13:3300

SYSTEM CALL connect

ERRNO 111

ERRNO TEXT Connection refused

COUNTER 2

alexanderbrietz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Accenture Support Basic,

first of all I think it would make more sense to open a new question rather than recycling one that started 2013. Additionally the original question has been answered which makes it harder to find your unanswered and BTW unasked question.

This leads me to my second point: It would be helpful to ask questions rather than letting the community guess on what you want to know.

Now to your post: I assume that you want to connect to the SAP system and it does not work. What I don't know is whether it has been working before or not and whether this is a new repository and others are already working or not. You are trying to connect to an ABAP system using single host and RFC connection. The single host has IP 10.79.16.13 and you are using TCP port 3300 which is RFC protocol. So I reccommend

1. checking whether the system connection parameters are correct for your ABAP backend. If not change it accordingly so that they fit correct connection parameters.
  2. test TCP/IP connection from Dispatcher machine to ABAP backend by e.g. using telnet to the configured IP and port of the ABAP system. If this does not work contact your network support and get network working as needed.
  3. provide decent details about your setup and problem to help you troubleshoot it.

Regards,

Alex

former_member267387
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thanks for info how to solve this issue.

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for updating with the solution. Yes, that's right. You would have to maintain logon groups using SMLG Tcode in the ABAP system.

Cheers,

Murali.