cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade phase "VALCHK_INI" aborted with severe errors

0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am doing Software Component  upgrade on newly installed  SRM server with EHP2.

I have completed SUM on DEV & QAS succesfully but facing problem while upgrading on production which is installed on distributed system (CI & DB on Seperate Host).

Error Descripition as follow

====

1AETQ228 Detected invalid (temporary) start release "CPRXRPM"

1EETQ399 Last error code set is 'CPRXRPM is in an undefined state, that is not safe to be upgraded, reason Upgrade wasn't completed - Call the SAP Support'

1EETQ204 Upgrade phase "VALCHK_INI" aborted with severe errors ("20130320191150")

====

Action taken:

- Upgrade was reseted many time and  started but same  error

- SE38 report RSUPGRES Tried but giving  dump.

-  Table entry deleted from UVERS and tried.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Vivekanand Pandey

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Please check below two notes if not helpful then raise a message to SAP.

NOTE 1632586 - VALIDATE_QUEUE step in SUM fails due to product mismatch

Reset SUM using the Back button on the GUI repeatedly and then exit SUM process.

NOTE: If the Back button is inactive (disabled), this means that a phase is still running and you must proceed as described in "Resetting the Software Update Manager" section in the SUM guide.

If reset is not done properly on a dual-stack system, you will get an error in the ABAP phase "VALCHK_INI" when starting SUM again.

NOTE: 1790486 - SAPup broke during phase VALCHK_INI in module PREP_INIT / Initialization

Resolution

Only perform the following steps if you were in one of the Preparation Roadmap steps (1-4) when you tried to reset the previous upgrade:

1. Change to the upgrade directory

UNIX: <upgrade directory>/abap/bin

WINDOWS: <upgrade directory>\abap\bin

1. Execute the following command:

UNIX: ./SAPup reset prepare

WINDOWS: .\SAPup.exe reset prepare

1. Rename the current upgrade directory

NOTE: Once you have confirmed that the reset was done properly, you can then delete the directory.

1. End all the SAPup processes on the operating system (OS) level (if any exist)
  2. Download the latest SUM patch from Service Marketplace (SMP)
  3. Start the upgrade from scratch

Thanks

Kishore Cherukumalla

0 Kudos

Hello Kishore,

Thanks for your  mail.

I have checked the both SAP Note  as mentioned but it was not helped finally i have downloaded the New  SUM which they have reeased on 19032013 and its worked after resetiing.

NOTE 1632586 - VALIDATE_QUEUE step in SUM fails due to product mismatch

NOTE: 1790486 - SAPup broke during phase VALCHK_INI in module PREP_INIT / Initialization

Thanks a lot you all for your help Specially Kishore.

Regards,

Vivekanand Pandey

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member189797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

This error means that the previous upgrade attempt was not resetted properly. Please follow the upgrade guide to reset the upgrade properly.

Regards,

Gaurav

PS : Never play with the internal tables.

0 Kudos

Dear  Gaurav,

Thanks for your suggestion!

I am looking for solution however mentioned action by me was worked in past but it's not working now.

for more info read below article ..

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2072643#

Regards,

Vivekanand Pandey

former_member189797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vivekanand,

A new SUM will not help with this error. But you resetted the upgrade again and that worked so seems this time it was resetted correctly.

SAP do not recommend to touch the internal tables without consulting them. So I informed the best

practice. This time it worked but sometimes it leads to severe issues.

For resetting the upgrade, you should always follow the upgrade guide.

Regards,

Gaurav

0 Kudos

Gaurav,

Thanks a lot for reply!!!

Best Regards,

Vivekanand Pandey