cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction SLDCHECK is not checking access to XI Profile

0 Kudos

Hello.

I'm doing the ABAP proxy configuration to communicate the ERP with the Integration Server. Everything was done according to several guides I found here in the community but it is not working until now. Transaction SPROXY says that configuration for accesing ESR is incorrect.

My enviroment is ERP 6.0 and PI 7.3 dual stack. SLD is in PI.

I created type T RFC destinations LCRSAPRFC and SAPSLDAPI in tcode SM59 and tested them, also created type G RFC destination with host and port of the ESR and the prefix /rep. I even tried with type H RFC destination with prefix /sap/xi/engine/?type=entry. All of them were ok in their respective tests.

Tcodes SLDAPICUST and SXMB_ADM is maintained fine.

But when I execute tcode SLDCHECK everything works fine except for the access to XI Profile section. It is not checking this access, SLDCHECK is not calling FM EXCHANGE_PROFILE_GET_PARAMETER. Attached screenshot shows what SLDCHECK is doing in ERP.

BASIS and ABAP guys are also lost regarding this issue.

I hope any of you can help me, I don't know what else to do. I suspect I'm missing some setting that makes SLDCHECK to check the access to XI Profile and enable the ES Browser in ERP to access the ESR in PI but I can't find anything about it.

Thank you very much.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

this call is correct, the screenshot is absolutely fine. I think your issue is not in connecting to the SLD, but to ESR. Have you configured RFC connection SAP_PROXY_ESR properly? You can execute report SPROX_CHECK_IFR_ADDRESS to check whether this is configured properly.

Regards,

Jörg

0 Kudos

Hi Jörg.

You were totally right, my problem was connecting to the ESR, type G RFC was configured properly but I didn't name it SAP_PROXY_ESR.

Once I created I new one with this name and deleted the previous one, SPROXY connected to PI ESR successfully.

Thank you very much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am having the same problem but I do not know what details to fill into the SAP_PROXY_ESR.

I want to consume a SharePoint Web Service, do I put the SharePoint system as the target host or is there a SAP target host address i am meant to be using?

I am new to ABAP so i am not use if i can fix this or is it a SAP Basis issue.

Thank you. 

0 Kudos

Hello Shaneel.

SAP_PROXY_ESR is a type G destination with host and port of the Enterprise Services Repository and prefix as "/rep".

This article in SAP library can help you with the details.

Remember to ask your basis team for help if you don't have all the access information you need.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Does the Enterprise Services Repository come standard on SAP?

Sorry if it does seem like a dumb question, i am new at the company and i am not sure if they have them.  More so because the SAP Basis person emailed me to ask what the host and port details are.

Thank you.

0 Kudos

Yes Shaneel, ESR is a standard component in SAP integration platform architecture.

From the way it looks I'd say you need to find out a little more about your SAP landscape and start a new thread with the exact problem you're having.

Post your XI/PI/PO version, what you are trying to accomplish, and all the details you can about the errors you are getting.

Also, if you want, you can write here a link to the new post with all the info I mentioned and I will check it and help you in anyway I can.

Answers (0)