cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on using WSDL in a PI Mapping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello PI Gurus

I am looking at a proof of concept kind of integration between SalesForce and PI.

I have downloaded the WSDL from salesforce.

As a test I just want to test the following scenario

Application One (May be a file) --> PI -- >  SalesForce

However, how can I create the schema for the file adapter?

Can I use the same WSDLimported to PI as ExternalFile on both the sides for mapping? Or is there a way to create XSD out of this wsdl which I can use from Sender Side? I tried Stylus Studio but couldn't find any option to convert WSDL to XSD. Even searching on web hasn't helped me much.

Your response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance
Ram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

If you know how source file format looks then you can create data type manually or if provided WSDL meant for souce data then import that one as external definition and use it as souce structure so it avoids creating data type.

If source data is non XML file then you need to content conversion parameters in File sender channel and create data type manually.

If you dont know what message structure SFDC expecting then check with SFDC team and get WSDL , if provided WSDL meant for SFDC then import as expernal definition.

you need some more details while integrating SFDC like getting session id from sfdc system for this you need to develop java mappinf or UDf.

search in SCN and refer Sunil provided links.

former_member184789
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are just doing the proof of concept for Integrating PI with the webservice, then as Nabendu suggested, there is no need of ESR objects. Have only ID configuration & send an XML as per the WSDL of the webservice. Apart from this, you may have to add the hostname of the webservice in the WS navigator whitelist..

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

If its really a POC for Salesforce Integration, why you are making it this complex. Just decide which xml you want to send to SFDC. Dont create any ESR object. Just create a File adapter at Sender side which will pick up the file and without Transformation (as there is no ESR object) it will send to SFDC.

Check below documents:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/802f8d03-9282-2d10-52b4-f9446e077...

smavachee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are few useful documents available for Salesforce integration, refer them..

Also find out document of Unnamalai Arunachalam and Prasanna Vittal on Salesforce Integration.

Hope it helps.!

Regards,

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

WSDL is designed for SOAP messages. If you want to create schema for File you need to create the DT,MT structures from the scratch in ESR.

Regards,

Ashish