Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Join in Analytical view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Couple of queries,

1. I find text join works fine in Analytical view(SPS5 version), but I remember reading in some SAP documentation that text join are relevant to only to attribute views.

2. Also text join should always be 1:1 , but we map only one column of Main table with that of Text Table( MARA - MAKT), but define SPRAS as language field, hence this SPRAS would act as another key to get only one unique relevant text ?

Thanks in advance!

Vitali

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vittali,

Logically it makes sense to mark the join as "Text" when it comes to Attribute view as you get the text description for the attributes in there. But you can also make a join in Data foundation for the analytic view as TEXT join to use one of the column as Text description of the join column.

Basically TEXT join will assume that you are using Multi-lingual text property and hence treats is in that way, also enforces you to mark LANGUAGE column. The language column is not the KEY as such but acts as a FILTER (like where clause) for the value set in by the default language setting.

Please also note that you can also use LEFT OUTER JOIN for the TEXT description in cases where the text is not language dependent. In such cases where you do not have a language column, you cannot use TEXT join.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks and appreciate your response!

Its clear for me now..

However I found that n:1 is also possible for "TEXT Join" ( Join type = TEXT) along with 1:1?

Well for me, left outer make n:1 makes sense than 1:1, as right Text table entries occur multiple times in Fact Table right??

Best Regards, Vittali

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vittali,

Yes, you are right. If you join the transaction data attribute with its corresponding Text table, then it will be N:1 relationship.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi !

Regards, Vittali

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ravindra ,

I'm trying to join P table to T table coming from BW in a attribute view  , what join should i use ?

I don't have the language Key in some tables replicated from BW and No SPRAS field as well.

Im using Left outer , isit correct ?

Regards

Akhilesh

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Akhilesh,

You can use LEFT OUTER JOIN.

If your reporting tool is SAP BO Analysis Office; then the "Text" and "Key" feature (like Bex) will not be possible to do.

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok ...So I've only this option ... rite ? as I dont have the language keys in the tables .

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes akhilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Krishna

informatique
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Krishna,

In hanalive, i want to make a new calculation view .

this is using an hanalive view CapReqDetailedSchedGRemainingDurnQuery.

In this original view, i have a join text on work center text and i can see it in my language (french).

When i make a join with this view in a new view, i leave this connection to the text.

Can you explain how this text join are propagated to the father views ?

thanks for your help

Michel

Answers (0)